back to article Adam Sandler's cross-dresser shocker is Razzies stonker

Adam Sandler's cross-dressing "comedy" Jack and Jill made a little bit of movie history over the weekend by scooping all ten Razzies, with the actor sensationally picking up both Worst Actor and Worst Actress awards. The Jack and Jill movie poster. Credit: Colombia Pictures The 32nd "antidote to Tinsel Town's annual glut of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yes, but the Steve Jobs movie is being made now so there is hope for another sweep next year.

Just sayin...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

there

Is nothing wrong with this film.....

It has great sex scenes, amazing positional athleticism.... girls with enormous...

What, Adam Sandler.... Who is he?

Oh..... I though you meant Jack and Jill 3D XXX

2. Armando 123
    Devil

What?!?! A bad Adam Sandler movie?!?!

The heck you say! I am SHOCKED to hear this! Next you tell me that the new Lady Gaga song is recycled tripe.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What?!?! A bad Adam Sandler movie?!?!

The new Lady Gaga song will be tripe, recycled or not.

1. Marvin the Martian
        Headmaster

Re: "will be tripe, recycled or not."

Tripe is by definition recycled.

But I'd cast a half eye on the trailer (as shown on Beeb site in context of the razzies), and I thought it was Sandler done up as Pacino, I and thought it quite well done.

Poor Al. He was looking quite bad last time I saw him (but then again, he was dying of aids, in "angels in america")...

2. GitMeMyShootinIrons

If the song isn't tripe, she'll probably wear it instead.

1. iCode86

And if it is tripe, doubly so!

3. Keep Refrigerated
      Paris Hilton

No... Shirley you mean Lady Gaga's next dress will be recycled tripe?

(or as the Merkins like to call it "pink slime")

3. trydk
    Headmaster

Er, Ah, Identical Twin Sister ...?

I thought (but hey, I am just me) that identical twins had to, sort of, be the same -- whatsamait called again? -- sex!

1. Colin Miller

Re: Er, Ah, Identical Twin Sister ...?

According to the wikipedia entry, they are described as identical - presumably this is from the film, although, as you pointed out, it is almost impossible.

It is possible to be XY and physically female, or XX and physically male, but it is very rare.

1. kain preacher

the odds of being XY and developing female is much greater then being XX and developing male.

AIS(Androgen insensitivity syndrome) can make a XY fetus develop as female minus whats needed to have a period. You have Complete AIS were you will develop female, partial were you will have low sperm count, lack of facial hair, under sizes testicle. Mild is about the same as any normal guy that has low testosterone levels. AIS is believed to be in as many as 1 in 20,000 live births.

2. sisk

Maybe she's a transexual....or he is.

Or possibly, just possibly, Adam Sandler put as much thought into this script as he does most of his scripts and thus missed that minor defail.

3. Patrick R
      Trollface

Look at the picture, she does look very much like him.

4. SiempreTuna

But the big question should be ..

.. how did it fair in the El Reg poll?

I mean, if you want a definitive review

5. Gil

A little harsh, methinks. Watched it with the kids. It wasn't *that* bad - I've seen a lot worse (ie any Wayan Brothers "pardoy").

It was never going to be Citizen Kane, and delivered what it promised for 90 minutes - ie a brainless, at times entertaining diversion.

1. Armando 123

WwwwwwWAIT a minute!

ANY Wayans Brothers parody? Did you not see I'm Gonna Git You Sucka? Flipping brilliant if you ever saw those blaxploitation films from the 70s. Two scenes - the one with Chris Rock and the one with Anne-Marie Johnson -- are worth the price of admission alone.

2. Dan Beshear
      Meh

You should limit your statement to Marlon and Shawn's crap. The older kids made some awesome stuff back in the day ('80s-early '90s).

6. Garry Perez

Its Cobblers

My arse couldn't believe it had to sit through 2 hours of this drivel. Avoid this film at all costs and can we add it to the worse film list, it trumps The Phantom Menace by twelve parsecs.

1. ChrisM

Re: Its Cobblers

If it's going 12 parsecs could this movie get dumped in the black holes that surround Kessel on the way?

1. Keep Refrigerated

I say we take off and nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Better or worse than [insert name of Robin Williams feel-good-family-movie-here]?

Because I very nearly walked out of 'RV'.

I was 40,000ft over Greenland at the time.

7. Blunderbuss
    Thumb Up

After his last few outings, I'd have thought they'd elect Adam Sandler to president of the Razzies.

1. TeeCee Gold badge

Nah, conflict of interest........

2. Aaron Em

And lose all their best new material to conflict of interest?

8. Richard Wharram
    Paris Hilton

Showgirls

Leave it alone. I found it entertaining.

Sort of.

1. BorkedAgain
      Thumb Up

Re: Showgirls

Yeah, me too. For a couple of minutes. Then I suddenly and inexplicably lost interest...

That's a curiously appropriate icon, isn't it?

9. Hollerith 1

Compared to Showgirls...

...this was Shakespeare. OK, maybe Congreve.

10. Graham Bartlett

Is it just me, or does Adam Sandler in drag look suspiciously like Miranda Hart? Is there a reason we never see the two of them together?

Actually there probably is - the concentration of so much super-dense talentlessium in one place might cause a tear in the fabric of space and time. Although if the two of them got sucked through a black hole and every trace of everything they've ever perpetrated was obliterated from existence, the average quality of all material recorded by humanity would be slightly improved. Which would be nice.

11. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Up

excellent choice

I'll admit i was on the verge of *considering* going to see this one.

Sounds like I had a *very* lucky escape.

TBH when Adam Sandler is firing on all cylinders he can be pretty good. Little Nicky, Anger Management and The Water Boy all score highly.

But when he doesn't man does it pong bad. ..

Thumbs up for the Razzies spot on taste. And I'd like to start some early "buzz" on "Battleship," which IDK why is giving a distinct whiff of FAIL already.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: excellent choice

Can I add a vote for Happy Gilmore here please? Mindless it may be, but I do enjoy that film.

And 50 First Dates actually...

2. a cynic writes...

Battleship came up in conversation the other day.

I managed to reduce their target audience (my two lads - one in his teens, the other in his early twenties) to stunned silence twice. Once with the sheer witlessness of a film based on the game Battleships, once with the witlessness of basing a game on a film based on Battleships.

It doesn't not bode well...

3. kb
      FAIL

Well I think Sandler is like his fellow SNL alum Will Farrell in that regard, if they have REALLY good costars then THEY will be good, but if their costars don't bring their A games its gonna be fricking torture (Land Of The Lost anyone?) so I don't know if its their own talents or the fact that they can get into a groove with good actors to work off of.

12. Keep Refrigerated
    Thumb Up

Worn-out Comedy

Sandler hasn't been funny since Anger Management... and his schtick is getting tired, he basically plays the same guy in all his movies apart from the one's where he's tried to do a serious role (Funny People was semi-watchable, in which he played a comic who was basically an a*hole when not on stage).

The last 'funny' movie I tried to watch was Grown Ups and the title of that movie had to be a homophonal slip due to the amount of predictable and worn-out gags. He needs a change of format - a TV drama or something.

13. Stevie

Bah!

You people *do* understand that no-one over the age of 16 is expected to watch Adam Sandler movies, don't you? Adam Sandler is to comedy what "Twilight" is to literature.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bah!

Wow, hold on there. Let's get one thing straight: Twilight is in a category all its own. You're talking about a series of books that each would have earned an F in any respectable composition class. Since I work for a school district, I've had the chance to talk to several teachers of such classes and they are all in agreement on the matter. Sandler's bad, but he's not that bad. Unlike the Twilight books he has his good moments (Little Nicky and Anger Management come to mind).

14. Jon Green
    Devil

Revoke Sandler's oxygen privileges for a week

It's a scarce resource; let's put it to better use.

1. ChrisM

Re: Revoke Sandler's oxygen privileges for a week

As long as Vince Vaughan and Own Wilson are in there too....

1. Dan Beshear
        Trollface

Re: Revoke Sandler's oxygen privileges for a week

While we revoking oxygen privileges, I have a list and they will never be missed.

2. LaeMing
      Go

W.O.O.

Dibs on the gingham dress.

15. This post has been deleted by its author

16. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

My rule on Adam Sandler movies....

Is to only watch the ones that have Drew Barrymore in them. I heard that drama/lonely hearts romance he did 4-5 years back was good, but I never watched it. Likewise for "Funney People" with Eric Bana and the guy from Knocked Up, which was supposed to be ok, but I never watched it.

Paris--because she's got a Razzie or two on her own.....

17. Chandleo
    WTF?

It was ok!

I think people are being a bit harsh, it wasn't that bad, certainly watchable with a few laugh out loud bits and certainly a thousand times better than rubbish like The Hangover (Awful awful film!)

18. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

In the spirit of balance ...

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is a talented and very entertaining performer ...

Adam Sandler is NOT.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I confess

I've seen "I know who killed me."

And I quite like the whole girl:swapped out premise.

I must now take a very hot bath as I feel very dirty.

This topic is closed for new posts.