back to article Microsoft exec: 'Cloud a half-trillion dollar biz by 2020'

The uptake of cloud services is accelerating faster than initially thought, and could be a half a trillion dollar business by the end of the decade, Microsoft chief operating officer Kevin Turner told attendees of the Convergence 2012 conference in Houston, Texas, on Monday. Turner talked up Microsoft's cloud, Windows Azure, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robinson
    Facepalm

Dr Hoffman.

Doctor: You know the leech comes to us on the highest authority?

Edmund: Yes. I know that. Dr. Hoffmann of Stuttgart, isn't it?

Doctor: That's right, the great Hoffmann.

Edmund: Owner of the largest leech farm of Europe.

2. json

Hahumm...

... MS: we're happy we're using our software.

3. wayward4now
    Linux

You just know I'm going to make them RICH!!!

Wha a WONDEFUL notion! I'll take my data and store it for someone else to mine into, so they can sell off the bits that I neglected to cash in on, to others. Oh yeah! I'll put all of my data somewhere anyone with some vague govrnment agency can search through and rifle through my junk and not even have to tell me about it. Oh yeah! AND let me place my data in a place that uses an OS so fulla security holes that a script kiddie can copy all of my customer info and account receivables! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?? THANK YOU!! MicroSoft just makes me all warm and fuzzy. You know I can't wait to make them RICH! The entire CLOUD notion can kiss my backside.

1. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: You just know I'm going to make them RICH!!!

Which is exactly what happened to all the companies that outsourced their IT to service bureaus.

Oh, wait - no it didn't.

If you really want to be safe, I suggest you also keep all your medical care, physical plant construction and maintenance, legal services, and utilities in house. Probably best if you fly only on your own airline and avoid the public roads. You may not want to use a government-backed currency or the international banking system, either.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Too bad for M$

.. they're only going to get a billion out of it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like