back to article Baidu! boss! says! no! to! Yahoo! gobble!

Baidu.com boss Robin Li has said the Chinese search giant will not buy troubled web biz Yahoo! Baidu hopes to grow its share of China's search market, as well as expand abroad, by building a bang-up HQ in Beijing. However, at the IT Leadership Summit in Shenzhen at the weekend Li denied a big money swoop for Yahoo! was on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ratfox
    Trollface

Would make sense for Apple

They want the iPhone to use the search engine the user wants to use.

...Of course, they could also give people the choice...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Would make sense for Apple

They probably will be given a choice. I can already choose between Google, Yahoo and Bing on my iPhone

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Choice? You mean by going to Settings > Safari > Search Engine on an iPhone, which allows Google, Yahoo! or Bing to be set as the preferred search engine? How about doing a little research before leaping on to the anti-Apple bandwagon eh?

1. ratfox
        Facepalm

D'oh. Please ignore my stupid comment. I had an iPhone for two years, and I never saw that option (not that I ever felt the need for it).

1. Sir Cosmo Bonsor
          Pint

+1 for honesty.

3. JImme
      Trollface

In case you have forgotten, Apple knows what's best for the user...

2. Shao

Makes sense

Not really pointing the finger at Google. Baidu is large in China so it makes sense to use Baidu especially as the Great Firewall makes surfing non-China resident sites quite a bit slower. Just like Facebook and Twitter would default to the Chinese largest market share equivalents. It just makes sense in much the same that there is no point defaulting to Baidu in the UK or US.

3. frank ly
    Happy

"... a bang-up HQ in Beijing."

I'd love to work there.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like