back to article Moneybags Apple loses $1.2m Italian warranty fine scrap

An Italian court has refused to suspend fines slapped on Apple for failing to properly advertise EU-mandated warranties. Local rag Le Repubblica reports that Apple's attempt to delay the payout was rejected at a hearing in Lazio this week. The bench recognised that Apple's online store was now complying with the law, but a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rodrigo Valenzuela

"Apple told El Reg"??

That would be the second time in the last year that Apple spoke to El Reg, if my memory serves me well.

You must be doing something wrong.

R

2. ratfox
    Trollface

They will appeal??

Whatever for? Do they really think they have a chance? Or that it will be worth the lawyers' fees?

...That's like 0.1% of their annual income, that must really smart...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: They will appeal??

I expect that whatever it costs them in legal fees will be insignificant compared to what it would cost them in lost sales if the general public started to catch on just what an underhanded and manipulative company they are dealing with. Better for them to waste a bit of cash proclaiming their innocence, even if they lose, than admit they knew they were scamming people.

1. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
        Joke

Re: They will appeal??

No they won’t, the fruity firm, or their fruity products, don’t appeal to me!

Fanboi's; the hint is in the icon.

3. Alan Denman

Remember that song 'We want no warranties' by Pink Floyd?

.........we don't need no edjucation .

4. joeW
    Joke

Moneybags Apple

A few million here, a few million there - pretty soon, you're talking real money.

5. Jeebus

Hope it continues, their customer service and warranties are causing massive problems to tens of thousands of people. Hopefully cost them enough to start addressing their services for the first time in years.

6. Robert E A Harvey

What about the rest of Europe?

AIUI the 2-year rule originates from the EU and applies throughout. What warranties are offered in France, the UK or Netherlands?

7. Gannon (J.) Dick
    Meh

Dissembling

Your *choice* of apps for that one.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like