back to article Chrome extensions malware hijacks Facebook profiles

Kaspersky Lab has found malware-laden Chrome extensions, along with a criminal gang playing cat and mouse with Google by releasing several variations of its wares. The attacks manifest as suggestions to download Facebook apps. Those apps are, alas, not real. Instead they are malware and, in one case, a malware-laden Chrome …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Even better...

...Think twice before installing Google Chrome.

1. Lars Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Even better...

Installing or using and on what OS.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hear that..... Oooops!

2. P. Lee
    Trollface

Think twice

... before arranging pay-per-like

3. adnim
    Joke

How can one expect...

Facebook users to think twice when most of them don't even think once?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why should facebook users care?

It's not like their data won't get abused some other way. Sorry, let me rephrase. Isn't getting abused already.

5. Gordon Fecyk
    Trollface

But... but... but...

... but it was [s/Microsoft's crappy OS/Google's crappy browser] that gave them the ability to do their naughty deeds in the first place! (To paraphrase a fellow commentard in another article.)

1. Tom 13

Re: But... but... but...

Down-voted because you used the troll icon and scare quotes. If you had fat-fingered it and moved right a mere one icon you'd have gotten an up-vote, because it IS their fault, despite the down votes I got the other day when noting that from a Network Admin perspective, Chrome IS malware in the sense that you can't prevent your users from installing it.

1. Gordon Fecyk
        Pint

Yeah I deserved it

Yeah, it was supposed to be a troll comment and when I intentionally troll I use that such as to discourage responses. Don't feed the trolls, including me. I do hope people think before blaming Microsoft for everything, though.

It's ironic that Google designs installers that work for non-admins and applications that work in "userland" on Windows, yet they forbid using Windows in their own environment. More do as we say, not as we do.

6. chris lively
    FAIL

Not surprised in the slightest.

Chromes biggest advertising point was its security. They even made a huge fuss over sandboxing IE.

I think the gov should make it illegal to use the word "secure" In relation to marketing if the company in question has had a problem anytime in the previous 6 months.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like