back to article Android store spotted in China ... selling iPhones

It was only a matter of time. An unsanctioned Android store has been spotted in China sporting the trademark robot logo, but it’s selling iPhones. According to the Isidor’s Fugue blog, the random shop has popped up in Zuhai city, Guangdong province – the same district where Apple is currently tussling with Asian monitor …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

selling

What the public wants.......

Or are they fake iphones?

Or are they iphones running android?

The world is becoming so mixed up!

2. frank ly

The perfect logo .....

.... would be a Google android, looking out of a Microsoft window, while taking a bite out of an Apple apple. Can any graphically gifted reader please produce such a design and post a link to it please?

I for one would print it on a t-shirt and wear it proudly.

1. Marvin the Martian
      Linux

Re: The perfect logo .....

And where are the other two androids, so together they can hold hands and play the Ubuntu logo (while petting a chameleon)? Can't be all pet penguins.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Martin Huizing

Meanwhile in China...

You can pick-up a fake iPhone 4s model. Running Android. Running an iPhone OS shell.

'China', it's the new Japan!

1. Test Man
      Thumb Up

Re: Meanwhile in China...

Yep, my little cousin had one. But by God it was dog-slow.

5. Mondo the Magnificent
    Meh

The China Syndrome

Apdroid perhaps?

Typical of the Chinese culture of using western brand names to harvest an interest from the Chinese consumers who embrace all things Western!

6. Martin Huizing
    Thumb Up

For Frank-Ly

http://theskweesh.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/android-eating-apple.jpg

Android eating apple. No sign of Microsoft (hehehehehe)

1. frank ly
      Happy

Re: For Frank-Ly

Thank you for that link Martin. I've used my rusty and creaking PSP skills to throw something together, as you can see here: http://goo.gl/2E2n2

It was very quick and very dirty, I know. Please feel free to improve it in any way, lol.

2. LaeMing
      Happy

Re: For Frank-Ly

That reminds me of back in the 80's when there was an Apple][ somewhat-compatible called the 'Cat Computer' being advertised with the slogan "My Cat eats Apples".

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SELL ALL THE THINGS!!!!

Why not eh?

8. chr0m4t1c

Probably look-alikes

Go on eBay and search for "dual sim touchscreen" to be presented with a huge number of handsets that look almost identical to iPhones, often running Android and possibly an iPhone skin.

Seems likely that this is what is for sale in this shop, but without any pictures it's difficult to tell.

1. nichobe

Re: Probably look-alikes

Even with pictures its difficult to tell according to recent patent suits about rounded corners.

9. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Devil

I like it.

You can walk into one store, look at the various options then choose the one you want. That is called convenient.

Branded shops are unfairly biased about their own product and more independent shops are needed to honestly present the end user with what will suit THEM, not what suits the corporations bottom line.

1. Martin Huizing
      Facepalm

Re: I like it.

Yeah and you can go into a KFC and ask for a Big Mac, right?

10. Oliver 7

Provenance

I once saw a documentary about Chinese counterfeiting, it made my jaw drop. Whole shopping malls selling ripped DVDs and fake designer goods and the police turned a blind eye.

Burberry was used as an example of what can happen. They closed their Welsh factory and moved production to China where the 'official' factory was effectively cloned and an entire black market operation was set up, based on the Burberry blueprints and flooding eBay with fake products. On the one had I had no sympathy for Burberry, their mark-ups don't justify such greedy cost-cutting and I felt sorry for the Welsh workers. On the other hand the programme went on to look at the fake trade in cosmetics, medicines and contraceptives to East Africa and that was just scary!!!

They even found a workshop where some guy was knocking out fake eggs! No shit! They used some kind of chemical process and claimed it was cheaper than keeping chickens. Thing is, would you eat one? Would you want to live somewhere where you could eat a fake egg and not know it? At the end of the day, for some products, provenance is everything!

1. LinkOfHyrule
      Happy

Re: Provenance

I saw that show - the faked eggs seemed way too far fetched - so being China it was probably totally true!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like