back to article Asian online shopaholics to drive internet economies

Asian nations including India and China are set to drive unprecedented levels of internet-related economic growth among G-20 countries in the next four years, although the UK will remain top dog, according to new research from the Boston Consulting Group. The management consultancy took a look at how large a slice of GDP the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

they are moving forward with everything, development, infastructure, etc and have bigger populations.

We are going backward in those three thing or stagnating.

The reason, if they want it they get on with it.

We on the other hand need to have lots of meetings and permissions.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I don't think you can simplify quite like that. "They" is supposed to be some all-encompassing term for all Asians? All Chinese? All Japanese?

My experience is that the chinese manufacturers we work with don't "bother" with traceability and proper datalogging, meaning that when things go wrong, it's impossible to trace and implement a proper fix. i.e. there's a lot of bodging going on. I get the feeling the managers are being beaten for FASTER RESULTS and they cut a lot of corners as a result. Getting the job done? Yes. Getting it done properly? No. A lesson we in the West have learnt well, but seem to forget when we have to compete with the Chinese. There's a reason for all those meetings and conservatism and it's not laziness.

2. The Godfather
    Flame

we, of course are perfect

I find such reports frequently state the obvious or are driven to promote discussion. They may cut corners but one thing is for sure, those that matter show growth rates and an avid interest in achieving this through acquisition if needs be. Do not be surprised by the size or level of activity in the next decade.

And yes, there are too many UK based businesses engaged in meetings about meetings and other meetings. You can't wipe your bum sometimes without getting clearance.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like