back to article Mike Daisey’s Sydney video reveals more grey areas

The Sydney Opera House “will be looking into” appearances under its roof by controversial Monologist Mike Daisey. The Agony and the Ecstasy of Steve Jobs a monologue Daisey performs in which he describes practices at the Foxconn plant where Apple products are made, was last week disowned by influential US radio program This …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

he really is

A silly munchkin now he has been found out.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

all because.....

He didn't check the facts and used hearsay evidence, well that would make him a fool, but if he knew what he was saying was not true that would make him dishonest.

1. Random Yayhoo
      FAIL

The latter.

The word is "liar." He is bright enough to know that if he had told another true story of the horrors of Darfur, Congo, N. Korea, Syria, or latter-day slavery of blacks in the deep south of the US (see "Slavery by Another Name"), he wouldn't have drawn a crowd.

I am glad to learn that Ira Glass showed backbone in the retraction because he usually sounds like a teenager in heat...bravo!

3. SoaG

Entertainer not journalist

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the difference between this guy and Michal Moore, Oliver Stone or Geert Wilders?

1. ideapete
      Pint

Re: Entertainer not journalist

About 150lbs be the look of him

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: what's the difference between this guy and Michal Moore

"Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the difference between this guy and Michal Moore, Oliver Stone or Geert Wilders?", SoaG

Unless you can prove different `Michael Moore' doesn't fabricate entire pieces, `Oliver Stone' is a film director and I assume you're referring to his JFK. Again, apart from dramatic reconstructions, most of this is based on historical citations. Geert Wilders?, what has he done do upset you?

4. ideapete
    Mushroom

From Der Fuhrer

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

― Adolf Hitler

5. PhilipN Silver badge

Shock! Horror!

Print media ethics comes to live media!

End of civilization as we know it!

(Yawn)

6. hungry thylacine
    Mushroom

A word for Mike

In Oz there's a word for Mike Daisey, it's 'dickhead'.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like