back to article Hong Kong Apple store repels fanbois, scalpers

Signs have started springing up around Apple’s flagship store in Hong Kong telling people not to bother queuing for the shiny new fondleslab when it launches on Friday, in an apparent attempt to stop ill-informed fanbois and mainland scalpers from crowding the streets around the building. Apple has yet to confirm or deny to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Up the price

With that kind of customers, I'm not sure why apple won't use a different pricing policy. They could sell the ipads for 3 times their price the first week and only move down to the regular price on the 2nd week (or month, they have a whole division dedicated to optimizing this kind of thing).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Up the price

Yes that was my first thought as well... the iPad is so cheap already why not triple the price.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They aren't there to buy iPads from Apple, they'll be pouncing on anyone walking out with a fondleslab-shaped bag like those bloody real-estate cretins I have to fight through every day :P

3. Jeebus

A fool and their money are soon parted. Jack up the price Apple you have the market cornered on morons who cannot manage their finances correctly, scalp them, they deserve exploitation.

1. rbryanh

Dont' Ask Why

When one day a few years from now you find yourself lying in polyester sheets soaked with your own eniru, please don't ask why you have no visitors.

4. PhilipN Silver badge
    Headmaster

Say what?

Dear El Reg

You do know, do you not, that the Notice in the photo is way across the bleeding road from the Apple store in the background, at a location where no-one has EVER queued except when waiting for the lights to change?

Someone has been having a laugh.

You're welcome.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like