back to article BOFH: The revenge

>SQUEAK< ... "Impressive," our recent ex-new-Boss says nervously, edging towards the back of the room. "How did you... find us?" "Simple," the PFY says, entering from the door behind him, cattleprod in hand. "One of the laptops you took wasn't exactly what it looked like." "Bitlocker?" the ex-new-technician asks, halting …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Phew, normal service is resumed.

You can't imagine what my therapy bills have been like this week!!

2. call me scruffy

Justice has been done.

As a wiseman once said, do unto others as the bloody ingrates would do unto you, had they only the wit to think of it first.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

revenge!

Great to see Simon (T) succumbing to peer pressure..hehe.

but it's so much more fulfilling to see him getting the upper hand..It's like a warm blanket:)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Long live the BOFH...

Nice to know the touch is still there!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It still does not seem enough...

It all happened without the mildest discharge of the cattleprod.. It all seems like they still got off easy... maybe Simon and Steven are getting soft as they get older?

6. Rosuav

Ahhhhhhh, that's the ticket!

And as loyal fans look on with smiles of satisfaction, the BOFH proves that he's a BOFH and the PFY proves that he's no less. A brilliant piece of writing... and there's no doubt that Simon will always come out on top.

7. James Penketh

You can't keep a good BOFH down.

This'll show those who were doubting him in the last episode.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

aw..... but....

hmmm i wonder id those metal cargo containers are conductive... cattleprods at the ready...

9. Chris Harden

Yessss

Goood Goooooooood

At last, there is balance.

10. Mark Powell

Revenge!!

Revenge!! Good to see the BOFH back on top.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Force

Last episode, there had been a disturbance in the Force; I am glad to see balance has been restored...

12. David M Franks

PFY? WTF?

I've been reading this (admittedly very funny) series for two whole years and STILL have no idea what PFY stands for, damnit.

Perverse Freudian Youth? Pilfering Firestarting Yob? Psychotic Freeloading Yes-man?

Someone PLEASE put me out of my misery......

13. Barry

PFY

Consider it a good reason to go back and read the archives. You have a lot of very funny stuff to catch up on.

Or it could stand for Pimple Faced Youth, IIRC.

14. Ed

PFY

It stands for Pimply-Faced Youth.

15. |333173|3|_||3

PFY

This was introduced before the BOFH in the Register, when Simon goes back to supervise his old job of Operator in a University. Is replacement is a Pimply Faced youth, whi thinks that he is there to help users. Within a few minutes, he reailses the error of his ways, and promptly orders the Simon out of the office. Shortly after that, the pair get a plum job in the business world, courtesy of the PFY's uncle, and the stories moved to The Register.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm, this could get interesting...

John and Dave (especially Dave) are unlikely to take this lying down...

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

factually accurate IT story on TV requires BoFH help ....

could the powers that be get the Panorama production team to hire BoFH and team to manage their WiFi stories

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Retaliation served.

Dang, I was hoping they'll dispose of Dave and John in a more gruesome way. Ah well. Exploding containers in Spain wouldn't be that bad. Either that or all the ammonia from the fertilizers would cause enough suffocation in an airtight container.

19. galbak

BOFH takes Westminister

Shame the BOFH, cant go to Westminister, to fix their current computing problems.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/22/mps_say_it_desk_is_rubbish/

Complaints from the mp's would go right down, after the first few examples....

ditto complaints about the mp's from voters <grin>

This topic is closed for new posts.