back to article Apple, Motorola Mobility held patent war peace summit

Apple and Motorola Mobility held peace talks at the end of last year to end their patent row with a cross-licensing agreement, according to an EU document. On Friday the European Commission revealed its thinking [PDF] behind sanctioning Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility. The paperwork mentions the talks in late 2011 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. technohead95
    Thumb Up

Finally...

...the companies can go back to fighting at a competitive level on product quality and price. Something that is a win win for consumers.

1. yossarianuk

Re: Finally...

Not whilst Microsoft exists i'm afraid....

I remember the days when tech companies actually created technology instead of just suing each other

2. Dazed and Confused
    Happy

Oh No

Think of all those lawyers whose gravy train is heading for the buffers.

Still at least over here they and move to fighting about some upstart broadcasting company infringing the "i" brand by illegally calling their television station ITV.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Oh No

That will not happen

3. Scott K
    Stop

Yawn

Patent war this, Apple that, Steve Jobs this, Ipad there, Ipad mini, Patent legal battle, I'm the best, no I'm the best.

When did Manufacturers turn into 5 year olds in a playground fighting over the sandpit?

1. Gordon 10
      Unhappy

Re: Yawn

when the sandpit became worth a gazillion dollars.

2. Dazed and Confused

Re: Yawn

I think as soon as the idea of patents was invented.

One steam engine designer would patent the idea of one pair of driven wheels, so another patented the idea of 2 pairs, followed by a patent for 2 pairs and a tailing pair to support the firebox...etc.

4. dssf

Not so fast...

Check this out:

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2012/03/12/2012031201110.html

"Apple Hires Korean-Speaking Lawyers for Samsung Suit"

Apple thinks there is more to be found -- or asserted.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not so fast...

From the link above:

"Samsung had submitted only a few parts of source codes for the Galaxy smartphones and Galaxy Tab tablet PCs, violating a court order to submit them in full, Apple claims."

In other words Apple is running out of ideas for software and need to "borrow" some from Samsung? Of course Apple will change all the Samsung instances with Apple.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Not so fast...

Yawn, troll away

5. icanonlyimagine
    FAIL

What the...

How does this article omit the major revelation of these court documents.

MMI demanded a license to ALL APPLE'S PATENTS IN EXISTENCE in exchange for a license to MMI's FRAND patents. Apple refused the offer so MMI sued Apple.

Now who's the patent bully.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like