back to article US telly big boys open fire on 'cloud streaming' biz Aereo

The US "free to stream" service Aereo has, as expected, run into a hail of legal fire within one week of its unveiling, as major networks NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox waste no time responding to what they consider a threat to revenues. The broadcasters have requested a court injunction blocking Aereo’s service even before its first …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice try

Ain't gonna work especially with everyone changing to digital signal.

1. ZAM
      Happy

Re: Nice try

Digital signals are transmitted over the air . . . all US TV stations have transitioned to digital broadcast.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

good luck

But the bad guys have got unlimited funds to keep the law suits going.

1. Tony Paulazzo
      Happy

Re: good luck

>But the bad guys have got unlimited funds to keep the law suits going.<

They're assuredly not 'unlimited', and eventually there will come a time when they'll make more money treating their customers as valued assets rather than common thieves.

They might need to lose a few more billion to understand, but with what the lawyers are probably sucking up shouldn't be too long now.

3. John A Blackley

No matter what the logical argument is

We're dealing with the law and lawyers here - where logic fears to tread.

The only rule that applies is the golden rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Uncle Charlie?

This will all depend on what the FCC says on the subject, regardless what the courts say.

5. MacGyver
    Mushroom

Good, they can lose revenue.

I got a DMCA take-down notice on Youtube for a recording of my child dancing at a dance recital, the "offending" copyright is question was the 30 second clip of the 1920's music playing during her dancing, recorded by my camera phone (people cheering and clapping in the background).

They can F$%k themselves!

The media companies and teleco people will get ZERO amount of sympathy from me. They can all go under as far as I'm concerned. I hope Aereo gets away with their "shady" business.

This topic is closed for new posts.