back to article Star Wars exhibit explores identities through art

In preparation for a Star Wars exhibition which, ahem, explores the theme of personal identity in both ourselves and characters from the film, advertisers have released a series of stunning portraits. Each of the following posters, knocked out by ad agency Bleublancrouge, focuses on inspiration from a character's individuality …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pah

"The phantom menace was 18 months ago, Tim."

"I know Bilbo, but it still hurts."

1. jai

Re: Pah

top quote sir, top quote!!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Pah

Oh, and lest I forget:

"Ja Ja Binks makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft!"

2. jai

i think they shouldn't have used flash because it won't smegging load on my pc here at work.

but from the previews, i definately like the Vader and the Fett ones.

1. Chris Gray 1

Worked here (Edmonton)

Worked for me here. It *is* Flash. Enable Javascript and reload the page. Perhaps its blocked for you, though.

The pics are kind of cool. The video is a lot of ink-blot type stuff, but has Star Wars images sort of hidden in it.

I know some local fans that will likely want to go. Me, I like SF, but I'm not really a Star Wars *fan*.

3. JeffyPooh
    Pint

Telnet into towel.blinkingsomething.nl

There's a ASCII text version of Star Wars. You'll have Google the correct URL. I think someone might have captured it to YouTube. It's just silly.

1. Vic

Re: Telnet into towel.blinkingsomething.nl

> You'll have Google the correct URL.

towel.blinkenlights.nl

But the original is on asciimation. Which also has the world's best ever beer cooler.

Vic.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's almost like someone thought I was short of reasons not to go to Canada

but I'm not

5. OrsonX
    Meh

Darth Art Good...

.... the other ones are terrible!

PS: Dear Jim, please can you fix it for me to log in to Reg Hardware at the same time as I log into El Reg?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Darth Art Good...

Choose between the light and the dark sides you must.

6. Wombling_Free
    Megaphone

I liked...

Jar Jar Binks.

[runs]

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Events that shaped them" bunch of guff.

So, these works are supposed to represent the characters' identities and the forces and events that shaped those personalities? And Darth Vader is made out of TIE fighters and the Death Star, because they are the forces that "shaped [him]"? Well I don't see any images of Padme in there, and I thought the whole story of the first three movies was about how his love for and loss of her was what turned him to the Dark Side. TIE fighters and Death Stars is what he became, not what made him that way in the first place. So I think it's a load of pretentious art-wank that utterly fails to do what it sets out to do and is deeply ignorant of the actual Star Wars universe mythos.

Pretty pictures, sure, but they don't contain what the publicity says they do.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Oh and while I'm on the topic of "the forces that shaped them"

Why doesn't the picture of Threepio show the rod that's up his ass?

This topic is closed for new posts.