back to article Fanbois will get wet queuing for iPad 3

Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne and Brisbane each have a better than 75% chance of rain on 16 March, the day Apple will put the new iPad (which our US bureau covers in magnificent detail) on sale in its Australian retail stores. Even Perth, the other city graced with an Apple store, has a 25-50 per cent chance of rain on the day …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Adam T

Admit it...

You only checked the weather because you were planning on being first in line...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Re: Admit it...

I actually LOL'd

Thanks

2. dogged

They won't notice - they'll be moist with anticipation anyway. How much does it cost to hire a water cannon?

3. Gannon (J.) Dick
    Headmaster

I see

You mean *not* just their pants ?

4. Mark 65

Price

"The iPad two remains on sale at $439 for the base model"

JB Hi-Fi still have them at $553 in store and online. It should be $429 for the base model (http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/select_ipad2#in-the-box)

5. Arctic fox
    Trollface

"Fanbois will get wet queuing for Ipad 3"

Pope, bears etc.

6. Nathan 13
    FAIL

Queuing

I still cannot understand how anyone can queue for hours, days even, to spend money on a gadget.

Seriously they are totally and utterly mad!!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Queuing

Because then they'll have theirs a few days before everyone else, which will make them unbelievably cool; with members of the opposite sex throwing themselves at them in adoration? They can then rush onto the internet and post pictures of it, and everyone on the internet will idolise them.

In their heads.

7. Wedge
    Childcatcher

Supposed 4G incompatibility in Australia? Or Telstra strikes again?

Just heard on the radio that the 4G version is not coming to Australia. TBC

8. M7S
    Coat

Surely the loyal can remain dry....

.... just by wearing their iMacs?

Icon for both reasons.

9. chr0m4t1c

Won't make any difference in Newcastle

Both the Fanboi stores in the North East are inside shopping malls.

What I want to know is what happened to Geordieland, around five years ago there wasn't even a Starbucks and now they're every other shop and there are two Apple stores.

I blame the X-Factor. (May as well.)

10. kvee
    Facepalm

never mind queing I can't wait for those YouTube unboxing ceremonies. Wowza, an iPad taken out of its packaging!! Hotter than a new 007 movie

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like