back to article US, European iPad ownership rockets

iPad ownership is rocketing in Europe's five leading economies, with more than 11.4 million people now in possession of an Apple fondleslab, market watcher ComScore said today. That total, for January 2012, is almost double - the rate is 75 per cent - the 6.5m iPads in punters' hands in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

World + Dog...

...need a SLAP!

1. Michael Thibault

Re: World + Dog...

And when it comes, it seems to happen near their wallet. Ker-fucking-ching!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sadly it is a good device, however if one person owns an iPad, and then another buys one that is a 100% increase.

Percentages should not be seen as the be all and end all of stats. Look at the underlying numbers.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Maybe you should read before you post, el reg reported the numbers.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Must be from a user across the pond.

2. Jeebus
    FAIL

Proof you can fool a lot of people all the time.

1. Michael Thibault
      Mushroom

Bitter-and-blinkered much?

3. Spanners Silver badge
    Flame

But Why?

It is not too amazing, contains few new ideas and only tries to maintain its dominance through shock, awe and legal action. Any time that the courts actually examine their 'cases' properly, they are thrown out.

I am sick of Apple enthusiasts uninformed comments that everyone else copies from Apple.

Apple did not invent

Tablets

The App store

The rectangle with rounded corners

Slide to unlock

Touch screens

User touch interfaces

or anything else.

On occasion, they will try and customise an idea. That is what everyone else does too. That is why the Home Screen of a Galaxy Tab looks nothing like that on an iPad.

Apple has even improved on some things including...

Walled gardens

FUD

Vaporware

Elictronic fashion accessories

Using lawyers when marketing looks insufficient

and lots more

1. Michael Thibault
      Pint

Re: But Why?

There, there. Calm down.

I don't hear that "everyone else copies from Apple". Do you? Really? Or is it you hearing something that isn't being said?

I don't hear people saying "Apple invented ... Tablets... touch interfaces...". Ask yourself, seriously, whether you might be hearing things that aren't being said. Or even written. What you write reads like a canned, knee-jerk response--dogma, frankly--not rooted in reality.

And, of course, you can only improve on things that already exist.

Cheers!

1. snowlight
        Go

Re: But Why?

Strangely I have heard my work colleagues say that, I'm attributing it to the fact that they aren't very technically literate or minded.

YMMV.

4. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Comparison

IIRC 100 % year on year is below Apple's figures, i.e. Apple's growth is not in Europe. More figures needed: are the figures disappointing because Europeans aren't buying pads in the numbers they are elsewhere? or impressive because Apple still has the market to itself? ComScore has more detailed figures on this, surprised not to seem them in this report.

5. BoxedSet

You can ask most people who desperately desire entry to the hip fruity fanclub, why they want an iPaad. Most of them can think of no actually reason.... the rest couldn't think at all.

Not to mention how much of an ar5e the owners look taking a photo with it. Say cheese for the tray!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like