back to article Nokia issues another Lumia 800 battery fix

Nokia has pushed out another Lumia 800 update, which finally appears to have cracked the handset's battery woes and almost triples its staying power. The Finnish outfit played Numberwang again with firmware update 1600.2487.8107.12070, which rolled out across Singapore this week. Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone 7.5 Mango …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bob Vistakin
    FAIL

Its user will be so pleased

And the author of the only app in its app store will too, since he'll be getting his first sale. Oh, wait, this is one of those freaky cut-the-words-off comedy efforts, better re-lay that out the way microsoft tell everyone they now have to get used to:

And the au

this is on

everyone th

1. dogged

Re: Its user will be so pleased

old joke is old (as well as inaccurate).

If you'd truncated your oh-0so-hilarious post title rather than what I'll just barely call "the content", it might have worked. But it still wouldn't have been funny.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

triples the time,

That means you'll get a whole 7 hours on standby before it needs to be recharged!

2. Jim Coleman
      Meh

You really are talking bollocks. The Nokia Lumia 800 is already the biggest selling device in Nokia's home country of Finland, outselling the iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy SII on all carriers. It is predicted to be the biggest selling phone in Russia during 2012. Other countries will follow soon as the Apple/Samsung dominoes topple.

There are 65,000 apps in the app store and it is the fasted growing appstore in the world.

Once the Lumia 900 is out, that will wave its willy everywhere too.

Sorry to piss on your self-importance parade.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Facepalm

Jim, come on... If you have solid figures, post them. If you pulled those out of your a**, then keep quiet.

For a good analysis on Nokia (and all others) sales numbers, go here: http://communities-dominate.blogs.com/brands/2012/02/smartphone-final-numbers-2011-all-the-stats-including-q4-by-handset-brands-operating-systems-and-ins.html

Just a small quote:

"Still, the brand new MeeGo from Nokia, even with its very limited launch availability almost tied all Windows Phone sales by all brands. I have Windows Phone at 1.8 million units and MeeGo at 1.75 million. Thus within Nokia, MeeGo and the N9 outsold all Microsoft Windows Phone based Lumia phones by.. 3 to 1."

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You forgot "once WP8 is out...", just as we had "once Mango is out", and before that "once WP7 is out". Well, I for one would like to see the shills response once the fucking sales figures are out, but for some reason microsoft aren't trumpeting them from the rooftops the way they do when it comes to windows or office sales, never mind this eternally promised la la next version shite.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

you said "shills". Is there a regular commentard who is cretinous enough to insist that anyone who says anything vaguely non-insulting about an Apple or Microsoft product is employed by Apple and/or Microsoft? I think there is.

You are Barry Shitpeas and I claim my £5.

1. Arctic fox
            Thumb Up

Re: "You are Barry Shitpeas and I claim my £5"

Indeed. I am still trying to work out why he bothers to post as an AC given that his inimitable style is so instantly recognizable. -:)

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Jim, oh Jim

The only reason there are so many in Finland is because import tax on other makes is so high.

Did you buy it or was it a prezzie, either way I sympathise with your plight.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Nokia?

Had no idea they still made phones.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One for Photoshop Disasters.

Those screen displays are awfully crudely shooped on.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
      Coat

Oh.

I thought that was Metro's trendy design.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

And still

And still, the previous update hasn't been rolled to all Lumia 800's. This thanks to Nokia keeping with the idiotic product codes, which were already obnoxious with symbian. If you have the "wrong" product code, you won't get any updates. I am still waiting for the previous one, and the battery life is crap. Sometimes it lasts more than one day, sometimes not even half, and I have no idea why it burns battery so fast.

To add insult to injury, the product codes crap in WP7 is even worst than symbian, as the damn phones are locked so tight that you still can't change the product code to a better supported one.

Of course, in the end, it is a lot worst than android - there if you need an update and the manufacturer hasn't released it yet, you can always install a community released ROM. With WP (or any other proprietary system) you're well and truly stuffed!

1. PaulR79

Re: And still

I would dearly love to know what my WP7 Omnia 7 does that sees the battery life remaining after 7 hours say over 1 day and then a few hours later it's down to about 12 hours. It must be something to do with the OS as I've had very similar to you where it can last a day with a little charge left sometimes and then seemingly struggle to last 16 hours. The really scary thing about this is that even though I have a couple of background task apps they're all restricted to running once every 30 minutes by MS!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: And still

> To add insult to injury, the product codes crap in WP7 is even worst than symbian, as the damn phones are locked so tight that you still can't change the product code to a better supported one.

You are right, you can't change the product code, but you can fool Nokia's tool to flash a firmware for another product code into your phone. Check out xda-developers. http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1378

4. Lance 3

When will they release the update to fix that nasty bug called WP?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like