back to article Bikini clad Princess Leia spied shakin' booty in Star Wars game

With Kinect Star Wars launching in just over a month's time, more of the title's features have started to appear online. Here's a titbit that caught our eye: a video showing a bikini-clad Princess Leia being forced to strut her terpsichorean stuff for Jabba the Hutt in a Dance Central-like mini game. Skip to 4m 40s during the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matthew Smith

Holy mother of God. In all my 37 years, this, THIS, is the moment I've been waiting for.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meh...

So a star wars skin over several existing game styles?

The spectator value isn't in watching the screen, it's in watching your friends make complete plums of themselves trying to do the dance.

3. Lee Dowling Silver badge
    WTF?

A Star-Wars motion-controlled dancing game?!

That's it. I give up. Where do I hand my "old-school gamer" membership card in? What an abomination.

1. sisk

While I'm inclined to agree, I think that's more of an indication that we shouldn't be trading our old-school gamer cards for those newfangled gamer cards.

If you need me I'll be playing Rogue Squadron.

1. Lee Dowling Silver badge

There have been many things in my life that have made me want to brand "WHY" into George Lucas' head with a red-hot poker.

This one, though, makes me want to fashion a "24-pin" red-hot poker out of an old Epson and use that instead.... it'll take longer, be more painful, and we all know what a carriage return can do to an unsuspecting nose.

1. Paul Renault

Have you ever read Kafka's In the Penal Colony?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Penal_Colony

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

re: Rogue Squadron

X-Wing here...

(or maybe Tie-Figher. Depends which disc I find first)

4. TRT Silver badge
    Unhappy

Hey!!!!

Why did the Kinect decide my in-game avatar would be Jabba? I'm not THAT overweight. *humph*

5. Smallbrainfield
    Unhappy

Thought it was going to be sexy,

turns out it was just creepy.

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge
      Devil

Re: Thought it was going to be sexy,

Plug the Episode 6 DVD in and you will note why.

That... thing... at 4:40 is not Princess Leia, that is an anorexic CGI stick insect wearing the same clothes.

In any case. Dance-Dance-Revolution for the pleasure of Jabba the Hut. Gag... Excuse me while I find the bin next to my desk... Gag...

1. Keep Refrigerated
        WTF?

Did they just borrow the CGI face from Woody of Toy Story fame?

2. Kris Whitmore
      WTF?

particularly the way her crotch keeps apparently exploding! :o

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

indeed.

Looks like one of those badly photoshoped impossible waist monstrosities.

6. Jay 2

Putting a different spin on this...

Instead of an XKCD ref, here's a Cyanide & Happiness one:

http://www.explosm.net/comics/2612/

7. stanimir

whAt the xxx? all toons has manga outlook - it might be cool in a game like Aion but Star Wars?!

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Yay

Another silly Kinect dancing game... TS told us that Kinect was revolutionary, all I have seen is the same old dross for 18 months...

1. W.O.Frobozz
      Meh

Re: Yay

Well I guess Microsoft still thinks all these silly dancing games are the key to breaking into the Japanese market.

I'm still laughing at "Minecraft Kinect." The idea of a bunch of people frantically chopping their arms at the TV to mine stuff is comedy cold (and video gaming lead).

9. SpaMster
    Stop

Microsoft, stop, for the love of god just stop

I'm sorry but this is just the final nail in the coffin for me, the Kinect has been the biggest peripheral flop since the 32X. The games are getting progressively worse not better.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Microsoft, stop, for the love of god just stop

What did you think would happen?

I mean did anyone with half a brain actually think controller-free gaming could replace physical controls?

Too many people left their brain out of gear and for swept up in Microsoft's Minority Report hype bullshit. Idiots and their money are soon parted. I'm guessing that most of those Kinects are sit ontop of a HD-DVD Xbox-adon gathering dust.

1. alexh2o
        Paris Hilton

Oh wow the rumbling of a bitter old tech nerd claiming the Kinect and controller-free gaming is pointless...

...funny how my family, especially the kids/nieces, seem to adore Kinect. And I adore it because hopefully it will stop them becoming couch loving, socially inept, internet farts!

I'll go back to Half Life now, with my keyboard and mouse, because it's too late for me too.

1. stanimir
          WTF?

so bikini clad princess targets the kids audience?

10. W.O.Frobozz
    Thumb Down

Awful

And to think...a mere 12 years ago we had games like Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Half-Life, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate II. Now we have....errr...

This is gaming? Wake me up after the next video game market crash, I want no part of this.

(My gamer card is so old it still has stamps from the local coin-op arcade on it. Heck, do I even need to qualify it with "coin-op?")

11. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ralph Lauren

I presume the game designers have been taking some cues from the Ralph Lauren school of anatomy.

12. toadwarrior

no thanks

Kinect games generally are awful but clearly this one is going to suck hard if they feel they need to bribe star wars geeks with princess leia dancing. It'll be cheaper to just get out my old action figures and fonder myself with them. It'll probably be more dignified too.

1. BrownishMonstr

It's a conspiracy!

Maybe it's a gov-backed scheme to help geeks' fitness.

13. Blubster
    Meh

Tits

We need more tits...

14. spaceyjase
    Go

What?! TAKE MY MONEY!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Whats with that music?

What happened to John Williams?

16. Darryl

I don't think Carrie Fisher could've moved her hips like that in her dreams, never mind reality...

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How pathetic these Vid games are

Cartoons for kids are better than this crap.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Target Market?

I've grown up with Star Wars - I was 5 when the first movie was released. Of all the times I have spent since then watching the movies and playing the various games, I have never once thought...

"I wish I could be a slave-girl like Leia, and dance for a slug-dude. That'd be awesome!"

I'm therefore not sure who the target market for this game is, but while I can understand young men wanting to watch a CGI representation of a female dressed up as Leia gyrate in front of them, I don't imagine many of them want to do the same thing themselves.

I expect they'll be too busy with other gestures - ones that the Kinect will hopefully ignore. Of course, if Kinect has fap-detection, this could well be the most hilarious mini-game ever.

This topic is closed for new posts.