back to article El Reg appoints Special Projects Burro

It's Friday, so we're sure you'll join us in raising a glass to Iberian beast of burden Aladdin - as of right now our official Special Projects Burro. Veteran followers of El Reg will recall that Aladdin was born back in September 2010... Aladdin and mum Susi ...and has since grown into a fine, strapping and extremely …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

Duties? No lo sé.

Just keep Aladdin away from any church towers.

1. Anomalous Cowturd
      Joke

Duties?

Part of the celebration dinner... ;o)

2. Graham Bartlett
      Happy

Old jokes are the best

"So who was it who said he wanted to be hung like a donkey?"

2. Oor Nonny-Muss
    Happy

Obviously....

.... he's the prime candidate for the donkey work.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SPB Uniform Dress code..

Catarina appears not to be sporting the regulation pipe (or alternative flat cap) That'll be one demerit point.

As for Aladdin.. what is Uniform for a Burro-Boffin anyway?

4. mad_dr

Asstronaut...

is too obvious isn't it?

1. Roger Varley

Re: Asstronaut...

Well, LOHAN would have to be a tad bigger than I suspect, is currently planned. Could be interesting though

5. Pete 2 Silver badge

A donkey among asses?

> what his future role at the SPB might be...

You could always lend him to a journalist in return for lots of highly favourable reportage

6. dotdavid
    Coat

Duties

I think perhaps he'd be suited to the role of a general office ass-istant.

Badum-tshhh.

7. Poor Coco
    Thumb Up

Like everyone at El Reg...

...Aladdin's sure to make an ass of himself. Welcome to the IT crowd, amigo!

8. TheBishop
    Holmes

Horsepower

He can be like the tractor NASA used to haul the Saturn V to the launchpad, except lower budget and more environmentally friendly

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Spiritual advisor

If the project needs a spiritual advisor you could make him a bishop. However I understand spanish donkeys don't like this.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Future role

Carrying the helium balloons from VAB to launch pad, of course!

(Also politically correct, no fire drawn from animal righters etc.)

11. BlueGreen

you almost had it

Beast of Bourbon.

And maybe successor to James Murdoch, as he's got a longer memory and is less of an ass.

I'll have a quadruple, cos it's friday.

12. Paul Woodhouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEep5BrexT0

well, there is a precedent of sorts, you'll have to fit him with Oxygen though and is that winter coat thick enough for the altitudes he'll be going to?

13. Jones

Parasailing

Parasailing Donkeys make for great publicity... Well, maybe not great publicity, but publicity non-the-less.

14. ian 22

Musical meme

Surely this relates to the Flying Burrito Brothers? Not that I can recall anything of their music - I can't remember why...

15. bugalugs
    Happy

Don qué ?

Aladdin could pull the pursuit and supply cart when retrieving descended project bits and bobs. Would a little bag of barley on a stick in front of him get him going ?

16. Gordo Rex

Using His Talents

Because one of his stated talents is "Refusing to move," I would think he would make an excellent anchor during the inflation of the balloon, sort of like the gantry towers that hold rockets prior to launch. I'm willing to bet that the SPBW (Special Projects Burro Wrangler) could be persuaded to add her talents as anchor-tender by an appeal to patriotic and scientific duty, thus adding little additional cost to the endeavor.

17. Wombling_Free
    Thumb Up

Isn't it obvious?

Chief Quality Ass-urance Inspector.

18. Acadene

The donkey will go stratasspheric

It is a wellknown fact that donkeys have had a disastrous past history with helium balloons. Eeyore for example.

A quick search of Google images will turn up several pictures of the Disney rendition of A.A.Milne's morose character going skyward.

19. TRT Silver badge

To bold Lego...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bluQ4eOeBwo&feature=share

This topic is closed for new posts.