back to article Microsoft cleared in web filth court battle, wins $100 compo

Microsoft has been cleared of wrongdoing in a high-profile court case alleging it and scores of other web companies hosted “objectionable content” - and even managed to get the plaintiff fined by the judge. The case, which was brought by Fatwa-Online founder Mufti Aijas Arshad Quasmi, is being heard in New Delhi, India. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Ahh

It's always a good show when when religion encounters people communicating freely.

2. Crisp

If religious people don't like what's on the internet

Then they shouldn't be on the internet.

That's why you never see a muslim in a strip club, they know what goes on in there and they stay away.

3. clanger9
    Facepalm

Let me get this straight

The founder of "Fatwa-Online" is complaining in court about people hosting "harbouring socially, religiously and politically offensive material"???

Riiiight...

1. BlueGreen

Re: Let me get this straight

I kind of know what you mean but I had a peek at fatwa-online (cos it's always a good idea to know what one's actually slagging off, n'est-ce pas?) and it might not be quite what you think. Right at the top there's "Download your FREE copy of the following eBook Islam Against Terrorism v1.33". Nice start, although there's some positively medieval crap about women in there too.

I suppose you also know what a fatwa is, but I'm not sure. Perhaps you should look it up. And perhaps neither you nor I know exactly what the dude was complaining about, it's very easy to be misrepresented or misunderstood (equally he may be a complete dick, hard to tell without the info).

1. Naughtyhorse

positively medieval crap about women in there too...

you're shitting me?

reallly?

nahhh, I'll have to check this unsettling development out myself

lol

idologicaly fucking dinosaurs.

just set light to a few copies of their book and they all go crazy ape bonkers and start blowing themselves up.

simples

what the dude was complaining about - 'people not doing what he wants' is what he was complaining about. it always is with your basic religious nutjob - irrespective of the flavour of invisible friend they are touting.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At least he's not responsible for "Fat-wives Online"...

5. Euripides Pants

Zippy the Pinhead

http://zippythepinhead.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ZTP&Product_Code=15-Sep-05&Category_Code=

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like