back to article Hacking breach made us stronger says RSA

RSA president Art Coviello has said the hacking attack that breached its servers ended up making the company stronger and more effective. “Since the breach we've dedicated ourselves to regaining and maintaining your confidence in us, with a sense of urgency as never before to apply the lessons we've learned first hand,” he …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete 2 Silver badge

What's sauce for the goose

> the hacking attack... ended up making the company stronger and more effective.

So presumably the hackers will be able to invoice the company for the services provided. After all, if companies can claim damages for adverse effects of hacks, surely they should be made to pay for benefits, too.

2. chris lively
    FAIL

So they get hacked and try to turn it around into a sales opportunity for new products?

Nice.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You can't 100% stop hacking

But you can prosecute hackers and send them to prison.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FYI the twisted sister quote ends in "you'll see", not "we'll see". Not that it _really_ matters or anything.

5. Oninoshiko
    FAIL

I suppose there might be some truth in what they are saying...

it's just ashame they needed a kick in the balls to realise they need to wear a cup.

1. Paul Crawford Silver badge

Re: I suppose there might be some truth in what they are saying...

I think a big factor was the placing of all customers' balls in the one place, so they could be kicked in one easy swing of the boot...

If the key seed information was handled per-company, then some companies would be more vulnerable, but at least one screw-up would not have compromised every customer. Less profits that way though?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

or...

copy the data to a CD, run your data validation and walk across the room to put it into a separate system.

Not difficult and not expensive and in the this case, a one-day turn-around for the key data would probably have been fine.

The insecure bits of a system nearly always relate to the interfaces, not to the actual processing of data.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like