back to article Crazy Frog millionaires invest in Facebook

The three brothers who coined millions from the Crazy Frog phenomenon have followed Microsoft in taking a stake in Facebook. Mark Zuckerburg with Crazy Frog hat "Crazy" Mark Zuckerberg. The German Samwer boys sold their ringtones firm Jamba to Verisign in 2004. It went for $273m on the back of irritating buuh-bud-uh-bu- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dirk Vandenheuvel

Crazy

Those millions won't last a lot longer than the frog me recons.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

crazy frogs

From the headline I though facebook had picked up a few French investors...

3. George Johnson
    Alert

Oh I see!

There's me thinking that great products marketed well, might net millions.

As they like to say on Slashdot...

1. Find or design crap vacuous idea with no substance

2. Sell it to chavs, idiots and morons

3. Profit!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Dragons

You have massively overvalued your company, there is little possibility of your earnings forecasts being met and your market is a fad with no future.

I'm not going to be investing today- I'm out.

5. Rick Brasche
    Thumb Down

TIAC

"make the customer think he's getting more than he's paying for" A.k.a. "T.I.A.C" from KW Jeter's "Noir".

Next up: "Pimp-Style Management" from the same source :(

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Why?

It is kind of strange that they would invest in Facebook, when they are the main backer of the "German Facebook". StudiVZ (not StudioVZ) looks and functions exactly the same as Facebook and has got a pretty big following in Germany/Austria(/Switzerland?)...

7. Iain
    IT Angle

Rant-athon

Did not the Crazy Frog guys get their arses legally kicked for using it to rip off people by signing them up to some sort of £x per week ringtone club? Always read the small print. If you can read. And if you can read that surely indicates you have enough intelligence not to be amused by the Crazy Frog. So again, stupid people ripped off. Am I bothered?

What I would be bothered by was if every time I went to message someone on FBook and hadn't turned my speakers off I would be subjected to some noise intended to somehow part me with my hard earned pennies. I already have a loathing of those stupid banners (that slip through the net) that have sounds attached, often convincing me there is something bizarre happening over my left shoulder (where one of my speakers is placed). Grr.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Doomed business model

A business model involving advertising on a website is doomed. Firefox with AdBlock and AdBlock Filterset.G Updater removes advertising from websites automatically and it stays up to date automatically. The number of people blocking adverts is surely only going to increase. Yes its always been possible to block ads but now it's so easy. Biting the hand that feeds the bitten hand that feeds IT.

This topic is closed for new posts.