back to article Microsoft apes Google social search master plan

Every now and again Microsoft comes along to remind us of two things: it's still a big name in online search and remains very cosy with the world's biggest social network, Facebook. Meanwhile, Google has been busy injecting its once gleaming search engine with far to much Web2.0rrhea, by adding what it describes as more " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Bob Vistakin
    FAIL

Does this mean they'll use their own search engine at last?

It's about time. The current effort isn't much more than a wrapper a script kiddie could throw up in half an hour with a random background image to attempt to fool those with single digit IQ's, such as WP7 users. Don't believe it? Here we go: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/microsofts-bing-uses-google-search.html

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Does this mean they'll use their own search engine at last?

That was over a year ago...

The results are very different these days.

1. Bob Vistakin

Re: Re: Does this mean they'll use their own search engine at last?

Gosh, you'd have thought Google would have taken it down by now then with such sound, reasoned arguments as yours, i.e. facts become instantly invalid the second they are over 12 months old. Use WP7 much?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: Re: Does this mean they'll use their own search engine at last?

How about when Google "borrowed" Yelp reviews for their own rival Places service?

http://www.businessinsider.com/yelp-ceo-on-google-2011-9

No, I don't use Wp7. Don't use Google either, nor Bing. Just find it sad when people paint one company over the other as some sort of saint.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: Re: Does this mean they'll use their own search engine at last?

If I was trying to overhaul the worlds number one search monopoly, I might start by stealing their results. Talent imitates, Genius steals.

Oh, and lol at your attempt to belittle the GP poster's logic and subsequently you throw him a (repeated) ad hom. Classy mate, classy.

3. Titus Aduxass
    FAIL

Results influenced by Facebook users' drivel?

Another reason not to use Bing then.

(withdrawn and reposted due to complete bloody inability to proof-read)

4. Only me!
    Facepalm

Alerts

So you get alerts form facebook via email.....then also told about updates when you log in to facebook....and if you have not got the hint you get results in Bing (Google for +).....what the heck!

This is just social media over kill......which should be killed off asap!

5. qpop
    Thumb Down

Does anybody still use Google or Bing?

Duck duck go provides more than adequate search results, has interesting in-site search tie ins with !bang syntax, and generally appears a little less evil than either aforementioned company.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another great reason...

why I deleted my Facebook account and not to use Bing.

I wonder how SEO companies are dealing with this whole idea of search results being influenced by other factors.

7. Charles Manning

Linking and Squirting to friends?

Squirting at friends didn't work for Zune. Why should sending links to friends work for Bing?

I seriously doubt anyone really wants to automatically post "I used Bing to look up a recipe for cornflake soup" on their FB wall.

8. N2

Squirting at friends?

Whatever next?

I think all my friends would prefer that I kept my body fluids to myself!

9. xantastic
    Headmaster

I get to use the grammar nazi icon!

"Google has been busy injecting its once gleaming search engine with far to much Web2.0rrhea ...", eh?

Any much is too much, I always say.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like