back to article Grid Lens

Grid Lens is a fun little photography app that allows you to combine multiple images within a single shot. Grid Lens iOS app screenshot Grid Lens iOS app screenshot Single lens mode The app uses a grid to divide the image on the iPhone’s screen into a series of frames. You can then take photos in two different ways. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Errrrm...

why?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Errrrm...

Because like most apps, they simply provide a means for people to do something with their iphone, that makes them think they will look cool in front of others.

I.e. "hey wow - I'll look awesome doing that in front of my friends on my ipad/iphone".

In the same way as smoking makes you look cool and having your car stereo blasting out some dubstep makes you the coolest person in hearing distance.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: Errrrm...

Actually I take that back. Smoking does make you look cool, but you have to do it right.

2. Elmer Phud
        Trollface

Re: Re: Errrrm...

I've got a van that blasts out dubstep - not sure about cool status.

Better a decent sound system than rattling windows and doors.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: Re: Errrrm...

Remember, just because Dubstep is cool, doesn't mean you become cool by listening to it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Trying to work out...

... how many of these he will have to sell to pay the fine for taking flash photographs on the Tube.

1. The Fuzzy Wotnot

Re: Trying to work out...

And, I'll make an assumption here, taking photos on private property without permission?

2. cliff 2

Re: Trying to work out...

The app does have an option to turn the flash On/Off....

1. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

Re: Re: Trying to work out...

Which, when he took these photos, he wasn't using.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

I'm surprised you weren't arrested for taking photos in the tube station!

photography = terrorism

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Possibly the most pointless thing

since the iphone!

1. Armando 123

Re: Possibly the most pointless thing

Oh, nonsense! A baby is younger than the iPhone, and they are pretty much pointless. (As Ronald Reagan said, they are a loud noise at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.)

5. johnnytruant

normally I'm not a fan of photo apps..

..because most of them tend to be exercises in polishing turds (or at least hiding shitty photography behind 'vintage' FX), but I rather like the look of this. It's based on the various timeslice Lomo cameras from a few years back, which I had one of and it was rather fun.

I have no iPhone though. Anyone know if there's a 'droid equivalent?

1. The last doughnut

Re: normally I'm not a fan of photo apps..

I think there is a 'droid equivalent called "I'm a snotty photo snob and I hate it that others can enjoy using their iPhones to have fun while taking pictures"

1. Chris Parsons

Re: Re: normally I'm not a fan of photo apps..

Wow, such venom over something trivial. Have you considered counselling?

6. Frank Bough
    WTF?

Wow

what a bunch of miserable wankers we have posting comments today. It costs as much as a fucking Snickers bar, what's not to like?

1. Jan 0 Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Wow

Well, call a spade a spade, call a Snickers a Marathon - please!

7. Telecide
    Megaphone

Cynics

So, ok many of us could simply achieve the same effect within 5 minutes on Photoshop (or even Paint) but a lot of others either can't do this or simply have better things to do. My kids would probably have fun with this app, but just because I wouldn't doesn't mean I'd piss all over it like you lot.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like