back to article Revealed: Inside Apple-bothering Proview's crumbling factory

New pictures have emerged of the Shenzhen manufacturing base of Proview, the Taiwanese monitor maker currently winning an iPad trademark battle with Apple, and they don’t look good. Chinese news site Caixin went to Guandong Province in south-west China to find out more about Proview and arrived at its flagship factory in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shades

Did it really...

...take you an entire day to spot that link on the website you linked to from another ProView article El Reg?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Disappointed

I was expecting some Playmobil action

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Lame

Seems Apple must be really concerned about this, if they do to this extent to try and discredit it.

1. jai

Re: Lame

where does it say that Apple published these images? or provoked the "Chinese news site" into going and taking them?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Shitpeas. Couldn't agree more. The conspiracy would appear to be boundless.

Renditioning the Proview employees to the secret Apple undersea base. Having Nasa's moonlanding fakery department window-dress the factory to look deserted. Burgling every computer shop in the world to steal all the Proview items in stock. Manipulating global stock markets to drive down the share price.

All this in an effort to make Proview appear on the edge of bankruptcy. But we know the truth. Lame indeed!

3. ChrisM

There is this thing in journalism called due diligence.... Checking facts and sngles on the story...

I'm no fan of apple but you do take it a bit far...

1. ChrisM
        FAIL

Re: Re: Lame

Meh, angles on the story...

Fail for me and my spelling and my autocorrect

1. Tim #3

Re: Re: Re: Lame

c'mon, you meant snuggles really

4. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

emaL

Ummm, actually looks like a Chinese copy of the Google campus we saw the other day. Definitely has the same deserted feel about it.

Shit, that's it! GOogle is behind this!

--

Yours sincerely, saeptihS yrraB

4. Yag

heh...

It actually looks like some places I worked in. Yes, in Europe.

It was just a bit less deserted...

5. mike 32
    Alert

Is that just sunlight...

or does that sleeping sleeper/worker have a medical eyepatch?

1. Rob

Re: Is that just sunlight...

I think it is an eyepatch, I presume if he's an employee he probably poked his own eye whilst he was picking his nose, bored.

1. ChrisM

Re: Re: Is that just sunlight...

No.... He is a pirate and this is the location of TPB's bulletproof servers

6. dotdavid
    Go

Hmm

Proview must have looked at RIM's business model. Whereas RIM moved from making successful lawsuits to making increasingly unsuccessful phones, Proview have seemingly decided to get out of hardware altogether and move into the lucrative lawsuits industry.

7. Grease Monkey Silver badge

It's the way things are going. It's so much easier to make a profit as a patent troll than it is actually manufacturing and selling things.

8. Reading Your E-mail
    Stop

Something funny here

Apart from the first image showing a Proview graphic you try and spot anything in the other images that identifies them as from the same site. The layout in images 2-8 doesn't seem to tie with that shown in image 1. I smell a rat, and it's not the one in pic 5 either ;)

9. Sceptic Tank Silver badge
    Big Brother

Supply & Demand

I have a theory: The fruit company paid someone from a bankrupt company in China handsomely to sue them. Now the number of iPads on the market is severely limited. Prices of iPads shoot through the roof and said company announces another quarter of record breaking profits. Bankrupt Chinese company eventually disappears or the "fine" is paid. Flow of iPads is restored, but iPads now sell at a new, higher price point.

Just a theory. That's what I would do. Enron showed us the way.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Supply & Demand

Only problem with that theory is that Apple is still selling the iPad via their online store in China.

http://store.apple.com/cn/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/select

Still "In Stock"

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Supply & Demand

Or, they could just raise the price.

Just curious - when you open the fridge to find there's no milk, do you suspect a conspiracy?

1. Allonymous Coward
        Pint

Re: Re: Supply & Demand

Yes. I had no milk this morning. I suspect Tory and/or CIA and/or Tesco involvement.

I'm not going to have any beer tonight, either.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

English

http://english.caixin.com/2012-02-16/100357519.html

11. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    Trollface

That's just the Chinese equivalent of the Googleplex.

12. Local Group
    Devil

There's an old saying

"It's always darkest before the settlement."

13. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

"There's nobody here but us chickens!"

14. rogerpjr
    Alien

PROVEN, & ADMITTED! APPLE STOLE XEROX IP the THEFT HARMED XEROX.

JUST DESERTS for APPLE. To quote " Good artists Copy. GREAT artists steal. We are shameless. We are only focused on RESULTS". Jobs said this in an interview as on Youtube.. Look under Steven Jobs "I HIRED THE WRONG GUY". He BRAZENLY says the above. SO anything Apple pays out NOW, will NOT be enough. BILLIONS are owed XEROX. WATCH THE VIDEO!!! HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK7TQVFSA1Y

1. chr0m4t1c

Re: PROVEN, & ADMITTED! APPLE STOLE XEROX IP the THEFT HARMED XEROX.

Wow, spectacularly ill-informed rant there, chap.

Apple licensed the Xerox ideas and Xerox sent them engineers to help them implement the Mac GUI; this has already played out in a failed lawsuit from Xerox in 1989.

I'd also say you have no idea who Scully is or why he was the wrong guy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like