back to article Hannah Montana fails to defy laws of physics

Miley Cyrus fans have been left in a state of shocked disbelief by the revelation that the Disney star is obliged, like mere mortals, to obey the the fundamental laws of physics. The proof came during the 15-year-old's "Best of Both Worlds" tour, in which a swift costume change to transform the popstress from her alter ego …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lansalot
    Unhappy

soo...

"Other than during this very brief transitional moment in the show, Miley performs live during the entirety of both the Hannah and Miley segments of the concert"

So, they start playing a tape of her singing the moment the chap with the cloak appears, so the track is un-interrupted while she gets her kit off ? A suspicious chap might suggest that it was all on tape to begin with and she was - shock! - miming ? Perhaps the fact that she's there at all is all that's needed to justify the "live" tag?

I don't know. My sense of child-like innocence just gets one knock-back after another these days...

2. GettinSadda
    Thumb Down

They could have done that much better...

Why didn't they have a steps that went behind the podium on top of which the drummer plays - then she could have gone up the steps and been swapped over out of view - as it is about half the audience can see the "trick"!

3. Derek Williams
    Unhappy

OK...that one was a little obvious but...

As a sound engineer I can tell you that tricks like that are used all the time - usually the lighting guy will help you cover it though!

4. Jon Brunson

Should have done it old skool

Disney's obviously missed a trick here, as their 20th Century Hocus Pocus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hocus_Pocus_%28film%29) is much better than this 21st Century effort!

5. Gavin McMenemy
    Paris Hilton

Who?

Who?

Is there some reason why anyone needs to know who this is?

Is this news of any sort?

I've included the Paris Hilton flag for completeness.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

OMFG!

I feel betrayed!

7. TeeCee Gold badge

Laws of Physics eh?

I look forward to their research paper "Hocus Pocus and its effect as a catalyst on the function of Gee-Whiz things" coming soon to a scientific journal near you.

8. Quebtn
    Paris Hilton

umm

So as i understand it

if it was real she would have to change costumes. every one (well my 10 year old daughter does) knows that Hanna is Miley in a wig

so whats wrong with a little delay as she changed...

if it was instant .. may be Hanna is not Miley

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

why not?

Its all manufactured bullshit anyway, unlikely she's singing, etc etc

10. Joe K
    Coat

Huh?

I have no idea what this article is about.

Seriously, not a friggin clue.

11. dervheid
    Stop

And?

I was going to comment on this but I can't be bothered.

WHO CARES!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I suppose that a thousand dollars just doesn't go very far anymore.

It's not the lame body-double swap that bugs me.

It's the fact that it confirms that the "performer" is not just dancing and lip-syncing to a pre-recorded track.

If I paid a thousand dollars to take my kid to some trash pop-culture music event, the least that I'd demand from it would be that the singers would appear to actually sing when they performed.

There's such a thing as willing suspension of disbelief. A person can watch a modern concert and pretend that they don't know that with rare exception big concerts are seldom "live" in the sense of big-name performers actually displaying innate talent (which is not to diminish the talents of the behind-the-scenes audio engineer, choreographer, set-designer and background dancers).

But taking the singer OFF THE STAGE under a blanket or coat and continuing to run the vocal track breaks suspension of disbelief and frankly is more than a little insulting.

I don't blame people for being upset at that.

13. Chika
    Paris Hilton

The Link is....

OK, I give up. Paris Hilton was, perhaps, the body double?

Naaah, that's just crazy talk!

14. Paul

RE:Laws of Physics eh?

That paper should have a good shot at an IgNoble.

15. BoldMan
    Paris Hilton

What the hell is a Hannah Montana?

And, really, does anyone care?

16. Tawakalna
    Paris Hilton

gaolbait..

..other than as an exercise in the cynical packaging as an object of lust for middle-aged Drossney execs, is any of this important? I think not.

Can we get back to real news about a real celebrity, the lovely and talented Miss P Hilton?

17. Tiki Mon

Can be done without doubles!

Saw a local production of "The Mystery of Irma Vep", a two-person show. At one point, one of the players exited out a door and reappeared through another door within five seconds, having totally changed costumes. It startled the audience into complete silence, then got a huge round of applause.

All you need is skill and Velcro, not a double. Bah.

18. Peter Richard
    Thumb Down

Kiddie Korn

What can you expect from kiddie korn acts. They somehow have to keep things popping or else the audience will realize how tasteless it all is. This is the worst stage presentation I've seen, the production values are simply not there, otherwise they might have produced an intermediary set piece for the Montana-Miley transition.

19. Ian Dennison
    Flame

I want my sacharine to be real!

Who cares if behind the scenes she is doing blow and half the road crew? If our kids pay $10 to see a xenophobic and distorted view of americana and youth culture, it should be the genuine purveyor of that distorted view. The risk of 2 wrongs actually making a right is too high and too damging to the american way of life to be allowed to happen!

Whats my world coming to?

20. Neil
    Coat

Hocus Pocus

Should've put Sabrina The Teenage Witch on tour instead...

Got coat, taxi booked.

21. GoatBoy
    Stop

But she is REAL

I think you have to watch the improbable shite that is Hannah Montana to appreciate the improbable shite of the hocus pocus.

Or avoid both preferrably.

22. Gilbert Wham
    Stop

More importantly

Whilst it may be excusable to use a stand-in for part of your dreadful stage act, the thing that is being forgotten here is that the shame of Billy-Ray Cyrus's music should echo down the generations of his family, and they should be forced to atone for the horrors he inflicted on us. Maybe some sort of legislation can be pushed through by the Hague?

23. heystoopid
    Paris Hilton

Alas

Alas the show was totally devoid of any intelligent life what so ever!

It's long overdue to jump the shark !

Say at least with the writers on strike now we won't have to put up with this trash TV for the next three months or so , now that has got to be a good thing indeed !

As Paris would say who cares about yesterdays child stars from that trashy Disney Channel anyway !

24. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Help is at hand...

Time travel is no problem with this little beauty...

http://www.shopneo.co.uk/flux-capacitor-free-shipping--pr-16735.html

This topic is closed for new posts.