back to article Scarlett Johansson to play Courtney Love?

Courtney Love is reportedly keen that she should be played by Scarlett Johansson in a proposed biopic of Kurt Cobain, currently in development. Love acquired the rights to Charles Cross's biography of Cobain, Heavier Than Heaven, and will act as executive producer for the movie. According to Marie Claire, a pal of Love's said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Hollerith

No need to gasp

After all, didn't Ida Lupino play Charlotte Bronte?

2. Sam

The old moose

Is no slouch to acting, wasn't she in "Man on the Moon"? Or is she too fucked up for public appearance now?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ouch

"Our vote goes to the radiant Tracey Emin, who's no slouch in the rock'n'roll lifestyle department". Having a good day Lester?

4. Michael Miller
    Pirate

She was on Graham Norton a few days ago....

Didn't look too bad, but then I had been drinking.............

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

We all know who we want to see in this role

And like Courtney she has experience dealing dealing with the law!

Besides, its been a few years now since the crappy remake of "Hous of Wax" so Paris probably needs the $$ for a new limo or to pay her bar tab.

6. Stuart Castle Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

No pic.

El'Reg, you are slipping. Not only did you not publish a photo of the delectable Ms. Johansson, but you didn't even mention a certain blonde heiress with a liking for video cameras.

7. Liam Proven Silver badge

Awful casting

I mean, Ms Johanssen is actually quite attractive, and is thus clearly very inappropriate to depict Mrs Love.

But why is this on the Reg? I don't come here for bl**dy celebrity gossip, I come here to avoid it!

8. Glen Goergen
    IT Angle

Dumpy????

Dumpy indeed! you Brits at the reg might have an inkling as to what's happening in the IT world but obviously haven't a clue as to the radiance, beauty, and talent that Scarlet Brings to her craft. Stick to your field and don't give up your day jobs

Glen Goergen

9. Paul

@ Glen Goergen

And you yanks dont seem to know who Tracey Emin is. Look her up and you may understand more.

10. Pascal Monett Silver badge

I just can't wait for it

Really. I'm as excited about this film as I am about a documentary on the love life of cockroaches.

Besides, nobody is going to make me believe she will include as many arrests in the film as she got in real life. That would make the film run for 10 hours.

Then again, she's addled enough to think 10 hours on her sad life is just what people want.

11. Matt
    Paris Hilton

I've no idea who Courtney Love is

so whether Miss Johansen plays her or Kermit the frog isn't going to ruin my day.

I picked Paris because she's still coming to terms with losing her inheritance.

12. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Should work.

All they need is a computer model of the Ugly Tree. Then they can plot the optimum point of release and descent path for Scarlett Johansson to make sure she hits every branch on the way down.

(Look everyone, IT angle).

13. Ros
    Dead Vulture

Courtney should play herself.

She wore so much makeup when she was with Kurt that a few more years will barely be noticeable.

Not that I'm planning to watch it, though. If I wanted to look at junkies I could hang around in the wrong part of town.

14. andy gibson
    Thumb Down

Why do we need a biopic?

The lives of these two individuals wasn't even interesting at the time, so why should it be now?

15. Matthew

It's reading stories like this

That makes me glad there's a writers strike on!

16. Stu Pid
    Paris Hilton

Scarlett?

I agree with Liam, Scarlett is gorgeous and a nice person by all accounts. Courtney is a skank. She should be played by Amy Whinehorse.

BTW what is Paris up to these days?

This topic is closed for new posts.