back to article Cryptome.org hacked to dish out malware

Cybercrooks have planted malicious scripts on top of whistle-blowing nerve centre Cryptome.org. cryptome_b The website this morning... The attack, which used the well-known Blackhole toolkit, exposed surfers visiting any page of Cryptome.org to a hacker-controlled page that leveraged browser exploits and the like to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Considering the clientele of Cryptome, it sounds like an attempt to lift data off the clients.

Any news on what the mal-ware did?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

and it wasn't government(s) hacking

'cause they have no motive (...), and they'd not been found out (...)

2. Aaron Em

Like Assange with balls in place of a publicist

That's the Cryptome guy -- he's never made any particular effort to hide himself and he's never had any noticeable desire to be some kind of new media fondle-toy. (He also probably doesn't look like a Swedish club kid, which is also a plus.)

3. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Devil

Ahem.....

".....The site has a similar profile to WikiLeaks in some ways...." Shirley, that should read "is a competitor to Wikileaks and its convicted hacker Divine Leader"? Of course, nothing implied at all....

4. Microphage
    Big Brother

re: Like Assange with balls in place of a publicist

@Aaron Em: That's the Cryptome guy -- he's never made any particular effort to hide himself and he's never had any noticeable desire to be some kind of new media fondle-toy. (He also probably doesn't look like a Swedish club kid, which is also a plus.) ..

Actually Young accused Cryptome of being a CIA front which would be ironic if the reverse were true. If you were to try and Google on any of this what you would end up with is stories linking exiled Russian millionaires in London, Soris, NSA and Mossad to Wikipedia. All is missing is the secret Nazi bunkers in the Antarctic.

1. Aaron Em

I hear Reg comments have a "reply" button now

Saves a lot of effort!

Getting to the meat of it -- ITYM Young, of Cryptome, accused WikiLeaks of being a CIA front? I'm kind of scratching my head here, trying to tell whether you've actually got a point to make here or are simply modeling the season's latest in tinfoil haberdashery -- help me out a bit?

1. Microphage
        Holmes

re: I hear Reg comments have a "reply" button now

> ITYM Young, of Cryptome, accused WikiLeaks of being a CIA front?

Yea .. a typo ...

I don't know about 'tinfoil haberdashery`, but I do know that it don't help your credibility one bit to go on Alex Jones. To save you the bother of visiting that site, all those leaked cables on Wikileaks are really a false-flag operation by Karl Roves Whitehouse to discredit Wikileaks .. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70pmhZHy6eQ

1. Aaron Em

Well, I'm not about to dispute

what you say about Alex Jones. What you're saying, then, is that you prefer Assange's flavor of pointless rabble-rousing to Young's?

This topic is closed for new posts.