back to article Alcohol enema bloke wins 2007 Darwin Award

The 2007 Darwin Award - created to "commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it" - has been claimed by the Texas man whose addiction to alcohol enemas eventually led to a fateful encounter with two 1.5 litre bottles of sherry. The original citation reads: When Tammy Jean (40) married Michael in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Interesting way ...

Interesting way to bypass the biological security of the stomach, which is likely to reject (well, apart from the very trained) any big abuses, and use a mean also used for urgent medication.

"A hell of a party" LOL

2. mike brockington
    IT Angle

Rugged Laptop?

So what kind of laptop can survive a car-crash better than a Darwin-winner ?

3. GettinSadda
    IT Angle

What model of laptop?

I think that all us IT bunnies demand to know what laptop would still be working fine after being involved in a head-on crash.

Most models that I have used start playing up if you so much as look at them sternly!

4. Ross
    IT Angle

A man who knows what he wants

I nearly forwarded a story that appeared in Metro on Friday ("Killed - trying to prove white spriits not flammable") as a possible contender for a Darwin Award, but then thought "where's the IT angle?"

5. lansalot
    Black Helicopters

and for information

For anyone planning trying this - if you're going to use Grolsch or Champagne, might I advise you to decant it into something else first. Otherwise you're in for a world of hurt.

I thought the icon here was about as accurate as I could hope for.

You're welcome.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

mmmm

Darwin Awards, are pretty poor these days.Originally the nominee got the award if they had NOT already procreated and they either die or lose their baby making equipment.

Now it seems that if they die or are injured in an amusing fashijn they get an award.

Pants I say, go back to the original scheme at least we knew the winners were one offs.

7. James
    Joke

RIP

Tammy's better off without the drunken bum.

8. Colin Guthrie
    Dead Vulture

Re: mmmm

What precisely has changed? These latest additions seem to me to be in line with the great traditions of Darwin and the survival of the fittest theory!

The award is still only given when the person dies or cannot further reproduce as you state although there are "honourable mentions" categories for silly injuries that don't quite result in the necessary damage.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

What else can be said but...

..."bottoms up!"

10. Paul
    Coat

Re: sex on a pyramid-shaped metal roof

So, coming and going at the same time

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Colin

"What precisely has changed?"

The spirit of Darwin , as you know, is that winners improve the gene pool by removing themselves from it.

They can hard be considered winners if they have already polluted the gene pool with their progeny. That's what I mean.

12. michael aubert

didn't anybody read

Fell #1 the comic book by british author Warren Ellis ?

Beautiful story around the alcohol enema death.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lightweight

If being 6 times over killed him, he wasn't much of a drinker!

14. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

re: lightweight

"If being 6 times over killed him, he wasn't much of a drinker!"

Maybe the 8 bags of peanuts and the doner kebab that his wife also shoved 'up there' were contributing factors?

15. Sam

@AC

You bastard, you just spoiled my "packet of crisps" joke... :-)

16. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Maybe it was a vindaloo...

"Maybe the 8 bags of peanuts and the doner kebab that his wife also shoved 'up there' were contributing factors?"

Or quite possibly when it realised the curry was travelling in the wrong direction?

Coat on -> exit

17. Ishkandar
    Boffin

Ye cannae change the laws of physics, Captain

@lansalot - no you don't. you just get projectile....

@Anonymous Coward - the peanuts would have reacted, resulting in a claymore-mine reaction !!

18. kain preacher

@By Anonymous Coward

"If being 6 times over killed him, he wasn't much of a drinker!

re: lightweight "

Yeah um thats a stupid statement. .47 was his bac. .3 is were alcohol poisoning begins .35 is were most hard core alcoholics pass out .40 is were death occurs

19. J
    Dead Vulture

@@colin

But where does it say that the guy has had children? In the Darwin Awards site at least there is no indication he's had any. Just because he is old, it does not mean he procreated already. But he still might have, he wasn't THAT old...

20. Sam
    Coat

And finally..

"Here's mud in your eye!"

The brown overcoat, thanks.

21. Sam Therapy
    Coat

Coat ready, hading for door...

Should have used Brown Ale.

22. Sam Therapy
    Unhappy

Duh, can't type.

"heading", even.

Bloody hangover.

23. Alistair
    Coat

Bottoms up!

Coat please

24. Tim Lane
    IT Angle

Laptop in a car crash

I was once asked to repair a laptop that had been in a car crash. The car had gone over a telagraph pole in the road at night (it had fallen off a lorry apparently), the pole had ripped out the petrol tank, which exploded.

The driver survived as did his laptop which just had a few burn marks on the casing but when he tried to boot it he got the error "non systems disk or disk error" so he brough it to me to see if I could do any thing with it.

I ejected a floppy disk from the drive and it booted fine.

This was in about 1994.

25. Jeff Dickey
    Coat

Well, they may have just liked Cat On A Hot Tin Roof

or pussy, anyway....

where's the icon for 'death by punmanship'?

This topic is closed for new posts.