back to article Microsoft India web store 'hacked by Chinese group'

Microsoft appears to have had its Indian web store broken into and user login credentials stolen by Chinese hackers. Tech site WP Sauce reported on Sunday that the group, which goes by the name Evil Shadow Team, managed to deface the web site, posting an image of a V for Vendetta mask and the message: “Unsafe system will be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm...

So not so much MS have been hacked as company providing service to MS has been hacked.

I was thinking that it's not very likely that MS would have been hacked since one thing that they are very good at is their own web security, due to the thousands of hack attempts per second that they see.

1. eulampios

You must be very well informed about "the thousands of hack attempts per second that they see".

2. Khaptain Silver badge
    FAIL

And yet again

Forget the ethics of hacking for a moment, how many of you would accept that your banker simply stored your money on the floor just behind the front door.

Will be interesting to hear Microsoft's excuse.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Err...

I'm not sure what your comparison is? Why is a site being compromised like a bake storing money on the floor?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Khaptain

In your example I'd have absolutely no problems with my bank doing that. Just as long as I can get to my money the very moment I need it. And since most of that comes out of an ATM....

3. Ru
    Paris Hilton

Hackers, you say?

Surely then, the article is missing the now standard 'the group has links to Anonymous' type of comment? Certainly, its been a long time since a new hacking group has not been linked to them in some particularly tenuous fashion (eg. we don't know who these guys are, either!)

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Hmm, interesting.

Even Sony stored it's passwords as hashes, so surely this deserves more than 3 months of constant press coverage....

5. virushunter

"Hacked by Chinese"

That phrase makes me a little nostalgic.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like