back to article Toshiba may be getting excess WD disk biz

We are hearing that Toshiba is buying Western Digital's "excess" 3.5-inch disk drive business, clearing the way to the completion of the WD's acquisition of Hitachi GST . The Hitachi GST acquisition has been blocked by EU and Chinese regulators due to competition concerns. The EU has required WD to offload some 3.5-inch hard …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Montreal Sean
    Facepalm

Great, more crap drives ahead.

Fantastic, now not only will Toshiba make crap laptop drives, but crap desktop ones too?

I've had more Toshiba laptop drives fail on me in the last 4 years than all other hard drives combined. I have a client that had a bunch of Toshiba laptops, and I was out there changing a drive or two a week...

2. Montreal Sean
    Unhappy

Forgot to mention...

The Toshiba laptops rarely, if ever, left the users desks.

3. Manu T

Yeah it's always the crap that surfives

Look at Video (VHS) , computers (wintendo) and now cell-phone (iphone).

It's always the same the good stuff goes belly up the shit remains on the market.

I've seen the best of the best go belly up and expect things to turn for the worst the next decade orso. We're all doomed. Our economic system failing, our technology in the hands of thieves and criminals (without regards for environment, culture or social heritage), our leaders stealing the last bit of money from the few bits of middle-class that's left. We'll end with the filthy rich and the fulthy poor and nothing inbetween, no buffer zone. Only thing we'll need is some crazy SOB determined to kill certain ethnic populations and we're back in 1940's when half the world was turned to dark ages again.

But at least we'll have 'Angry birds', Facebook and Youtube to keep us occupied in the shelters :-(

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like