back to article PSN renamed Sony Entertainment Network

The PlayStation Network is to undergo a major rebranding this week when it is integrated into an all-new Sony Entertainment Network. On Wednesday, 8 February, PSN account holders will find their details transferred to the SEN, tying Sony's digital entertainment offerings together in one sensibly-named platform. Sony …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mr Crisps
    Happy

SEN

Means 'Special Educational Needs' where I work...

1. Mark 8
      Trollface

Special Educational Needs

Exactly how I read it as well.

I'm soon going to be on the SEN register, oh joy...

2. Andy Fletcher

In their official statement...

"We have taken measures to ensure the PSN is never hacked again. By changing the name to SEN."

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Polish a turd, it's still a turd.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Indeed you can't polish a turd....

but you can always roll it in glitter.

1. Emj
        Stop

Actually, you can! Link below courtesy Mythbusters:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=mythbusters%20polish%20poop&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdsc.discovery.com%2Fvideos%2Fmythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html&ei=gdcvT56tCeO_0QWX5tmtCA&usg=AFQjCNEkpOazDBS8u01WPmCkg20X-Mt1jg&cad=rja

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Its a good cost saving measure. Rather than having multiple systems to clean up after being hacked, they now only have one :)

5. squilookle
    Go

I was going to make a joke about all user information being stored in one "convenient" account being convenient for anyone wanting to steal that data too, but I think this thread will be full of those pretty soon.

There are some serious concerns there, mind, but those concerns (and jokes) aside, the change does make sense.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Ironically however

Whilst Sony may be at the sharp end of jokes about hacking, there were no real victims, nothing of use was taken, and banks never saw any increases in fraud as a result of it.

Yet Xbox Live accounts are being sucked clean on a daily basis on a huge scale, but the media turns a blind eye, as nobody wants to upset Microsoft....

Make of that what you will....

1. Dave's Jubblies
        WTF?

wow...

Barry,

yet again you manage to bring microsoft into a copletely unrelated topic...

You truly are on a mission, or just a bit mad and paranoid...

If you want to comment on the piece, do so, but leave the trolling for once eh?

2. Miek
        Trollface

@Barry

"as nobody wants to upset Microsoft" -- haven't they suffered enough, poor darlings awww

6. Giles Jones Gold badge

Obligatory Alan Partridge quote

"No Alan, it's called a Rover Metro now".....

"They've re-badged it you fool".

7. Vic

This is fairly standard Sony fare

In my time at Sony, I worked for four different Sony companies without changing desk...

Vic.

1. Miek

Wow, that is efficient desk work. Thumbs up for the effort.

8. ashR
    Thumb Down

As I understand it, this means anybody with a PSN account will be automatically registered for other Sony online services (music, video etc) and bound by terms that cover them all.

If you don't want these services and therefore don't accept the new terms, your PSN/SEN account becomes inaccessible.

Bah!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like