back to article Robot rabbits take on Facebook, female orgasms

One waits ages for a story about robotic carrot-crunchers, and then two turn up at once as Karotz the robot rabbit starts talking to Facebook while app-controlled vibrator Vibease looks to sell value-added orgasms. Karotz is the older robot. Already capable of reading out a Twitter feed while cutely waggling its ears, it can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Joke

It's all fun and games until the rabbit dies...

2. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Joke

So does Karotz say

"What's up doc?"

at all?

3. Bakunin
    Paris Hilton

Merge the two

Why not merge the two and vibrate in response to key words in Facebook updates.

Better yet (for a site with a tech readership) why not have it vibrate in response to your "Server down" warning messages. Bring at least some joy to those annoying weekends on call.

Paris. 'Cause she'd want a low uptime.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wow people are really...

....retarded.... Presumably the same kind of target demographic as for those aquarium screensavers and animated puppies that run along the taskbar.

"Reading out a twitter feed whilst cutely waggling it's ears` - W H Y ?

5. Semaj
    Thumb Down

Nabaztags and their kind are a cute and quite fun idea but the servers are always down and there are a really disappointing number of things you can do with them. Even fewer now that they've been taken over by a new company. Plus their site is all in French and just doesn't seem to work.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Thumb Down

I have to agree with that.

Better get some Linux-on-a-board + software and roll your own.

6. CaptainHook

The Vibease and facebook's seamless sharing could lead to some interesting status posts.

7. Mephistro
    Joke

In the name of fairness...

... shouldn't there be another video review for the Vibease?

8. Nuno trancoso
    Flame

Well...

Wonder how long till our demographics overlords come up with numbers on "vibrating time". Here's hoping the wabbit is USB powered...

Baffled at the seemingly lack of ergonomics on the said wabbit though. Or maybe i just cant see the right way to hold it...

p.s. Guess Apples content restrictions might be a safeguard, seeing that most their cult followers are a bunch of wankers to start with, no need to throw fuel at the fire is there...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wrong way around

I would have much preferred a picture of Karotz and a video demosntrating the other gadget.

10. BigG
    Gimp

Does the Vibease

link up to an app showing pictures of Steve J. presenting new products. Sounds like the perfect app, given the circlejerk that seems to go on in the neighbouring office over every fruity announcement.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

> "Basically I sit atop your desk, connected to your Wi-Fi, and try to boost your mood by being cute."

No, you get chucked out of the nearest available window you demonic little fucker.

12. Mr Templedene

So the wabbit sits on your desk and takes pictures, records voice clips then sends them to facebook, all by voice command?

I can see some very red faces when it does this accidentally.

1. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge
      Big Brother

@Mr Templedene

By voice command today.

Just wait for the first hack when it can be commanded to do so remotely.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Gotta say that was a Kickass review

Some tech sites could be entirely replaced by a Kartoz! (Not this one, natch)

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Bakunin

suppose its one way of having a server go down on you.

15. earl grey
    Paris Hilton

Silly rabbit,

Tricks are for adults....

16. AdamWill
    Joke

Does one?

"One waits ages for a story about robotic carrot-crunchers"

Not if one reads Engadget, one doesn't. They seem to show up about weekly.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I'm booking my ...

... 2 berth motorhome as we speak.

Whilst I have many many years to go until I reach the required "sad old fart trying to be a rich hippy and dropping out after retiring" age, I may just pre-empt it all and try and get there early.

Me and the missus would give up our ridiculously demanding high tech jobs and sell every single electronic gadget we own. The proceeds would go into soft furnishings, sleeping bags, yin yang howling wolf moon t-shirts and mugs, plaid shirts. Maybe a Terrier or Jack Russell. (a husky or malamute are a bit big)

This article is close to the final straw.

I can't go on.

Modern life is not only rubbish, it's insane.

I want out - the open road - the whoosh of the wind through my greying hair, the freedom to wobble across the open tundra on my zimmerframe...

Just 30 more years and I will *never* have to read an article like this again, I will never have to cry just a little more inside for the plight of humanity.

18. ThreadGuy

Self-administered?

"Self administered onanism" - shurely shome redundancy?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Self-administered?

You're not wrong, but it <em>sounds</em> right ...

19. Betty Middleton

"It will even respond to being poked, but not by a Vibease – that would be weird." LOL, and the robot rabbit itself is the most natural thing in the world.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like