back to article Samsung 'Galaxy 4S' spied in benchmark results

Samsung may be doing an Apple. Since it isn't releasing the Galaxy S III at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) show later this month, how about a tweaked version of its current flagship instead? Enter - maybe - a reference to the Galaxy S II Plus, seemingly keyed into the An3DBenchXL benchmark app by Samsung itself. All we can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. fLaMePrOoF
    Stop

No, sorry, but this is bollocks not worthy of the screen inches.

2. Miek
    Linux

Well, my Samsung Galaxy S2 has android 2.3.5 installed (Samsung not Cyanogen). I doubt an updated handset will be at an older android revision that it's predecessor.

3. uhuznaa

Strange kind of "+"

Still 800x480 on 4.3", still no Android 4.0...

I would say this is just another angle from which to spray subtly different models all over the market. Samsung has always been very good at that.

4. James O'Brien
    Joke

They could do it but

Apple would sue them due to that being their preferred business model.

5. tmTM

The current CPU already happily overclocks to 1.5Ghz.

1. AdamWill

never mind that

They've already released several SII variants with *stock* clocks of 1.5GHz. And larger screens (4.5" and 4.7").

This whole article reads like it was written by someone who isn't aware there are already about seven bajillion 'Galaxy S II' phones, some very different from others. (My husband's 'Galaxy S II' has more in common, hardware-wise, with my MyTouch 4G Slide than most other 'GSII' variants). Which I suppose is understandable if you're in Europe, where you mostly just get the actual original model. But if you're in NA, it's a rather different story. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II

for all the gory details.

6. Stefing
    Thumb Down

No

The test allows you to modify the default model when submitting results.

Non story.

1. AdamWill

the story...

you didn't read very carefully: the story claims this result was submitted by Samsung itself.

7. republic84
    FAIL

My Galaxy S2 already beats/matches most of those specs stock. The US T-Mobile version came with a 4.52" screen, 1.5ghz dual core processor and I'm currently on android 2.3.6 and has HSPA+ so I average 14-19mb/s download and 2-4mb/s upload. Although I didn't make a note of what the article said the bench was, my quadrant score averages 3350 or higher. The other two US carriers have a slower smaller version that closer matches the European/world version. But the Samsung 1.2ghz exynos processor is just as fast as the 1.5ghz snapdragon, so other than screen size they are all the same. I have a feeling the graphic here was falsely created just to make a story unless they are putting an LTE radio in it which would only slow it down and shorten battery life.

1. AdamWill

there's already...

...an LTE model. The SGH-I727, branded 'Skyrocket' on AT&T and "Galaxy S II LTE" on Rogers in Canada. The Rogers variant is the 'SGH-I727R' but I don't think there's actually any difference beyond the carrier name stamped on the case.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like