back to article Baby Bills, Windows 8 and a Microsoft 'Zynga' stealth project?

A cultural revolution is creeping through Microsoft. With a reorganisation in full swing and job cuts rumoured, the future looks uncertain for an entire class of marketing types and MBAs at Redmond: the software giant's officers seem intent on resetting the corporate clock to year zero to recapture the spirit of Bill Gates. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now is the time for microslug to speed up development and be the first to market with gesture controlled PC's with the new style OS.

Just make it as vtech as posible, the punters will snap them up.

1. Richard Wharram

Gesture controlled...

As long as it has resolution enough to recognise when I have a hand thrust forward with two fingers pointed up, slightly parted. Although I suspect that gesture controlling may not be functional on the BSOD.

2. johnwerneken
    Mushroom

i refuse to use audio or video media when i see no reason why whatever might not be presented in text instead, GFY.

3. Wombling_Free
    Windows

"the biggest and deepest brains"

"Microsoft's games operation has been attracting some of the biggest and deepest brains from other parts of the operation"

Are these the same big & deep brains that killed the ACES studio?

The same ones that just screwed the entire Flight Sim micro-economy?

The mighty intellects that turned what was once one of MS' flagship products into the watered-down geographically limited fenced-in appstore 'Flight'?

Those same masterminds?

Ok, just checking.

1. Not That Andrew

You could add the brains that bought Caligari (and too many other companies to count) for one piece of technology they didn't even use in the end, then realised they didn't know what to do with the rest of the company, so shut them down.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. toadwarrior

What great minds?

What great minds have Microsoft attracted? They have very few first party development houses and what they do have either left (Bungie) or have become a shell of their former selves (Rare).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Believe it or not, there were a lot of great minds involved in the development of NT. But they all left or were sidelined long ago.

For too long, the Office team has been the only place where programmers might get promoted to upper management from and there are no great minds involved there. And of course Microsoft is top-heavy with MBAs who defend their turf at all costs, like MBAs do.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like