back to article Amazon France leaks iPad 3 release date?

Amazon France may have leaked the release date for Apple's next iteration of its überpopular fondleslab, the iPad. The wonderfully named and self-proclaimed "Savior of Apple Blogging" AppleBitch.com noted on Tuesday that the Gallic online books-and-everything-else etailer has two iPad 3 books in its catalog: Ipad 3 pour les …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JDX Gold badge

A faster processor, you say. Well, that's a shocker.

1. JEDIDIAH
      Devil

...ah, the memories.

> A faster processor, you say. Well, that's a shocker.

I remember when I anxiously awaitied the new models of PC and microprocessor anticipating a signficant and useful speed improvement.

...about 10+ years ago. I think ARM might be creeping up on that level of performance finally [snicker].

2. Jon B
    Gimp

for Dummies

Seeing as Apple are so secretive, it must have been a big coup for the 'for Dummies' guys to get such priveliged inside information. Or else they're just guessing like the rest of you.

1. BristolBachelor Gold badge

Indeed. Amazon also had listings for other Apple stuff before it was released, but the books didn't actually become available until a while after the actual things were out. I think that the publishers just do it as a place-holder (plus probably 80-99% of the book will just be exactly the same as the iPad 2 one so is already written anyway!)

3. JDX Gold badge

Amazon probably had Steve Jobs' biography on pre-order since about 2007.

4. Smithson
    Unhappy

Amazon listing stuff

I remember when Amazon UK listed Elite 4, and a decade later I'm still waiting for it... Knew I shouldn't have gone for the free postage option.

5. Arctic fox
    Trollface

Rumeurs pour les nuls?

See title.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apple for Dummies?

Well, that's what the Apple loving sheep certainly are...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Boo-hoo

I can't see this book being much use anyway. What's so difficult about finger to icon, icon opens magical app, use app?

I'd rather see a book called "French are dummies and loving spitting dummies".

*thumbs up*

7. big_D Silver badge
    Coat

Auf die Schnelle

Would translate more as a "Quick Start" guide

1. The First Dave
      Boffin

More literal translation: "On the Quick"

1. big_D Silver badge

More literal, maybe, but that translation lacks context. ;-)

8. Tiny Iota
    Happy

I'd just like to thank El Reg...

...for the picture of the Frenchman that accompanies this story on the homepage. The picture provides much needed context to this complex technical story

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like