back to article New Blighty crime map will track crooks' punishment

UK citizens can now gawp at the amount of crime committed around nightclubs, railway stations, parks and other hotspots on a revamped website launched by the Home Office. The same site will also eventually track arrests and charges brought against wrongdoers. Home Secretary Theresa May announced the new service in a speech on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Showing the Criminals the best places to nick things from

Whilst at the same time creating an interactive blight on property values.

How much do you have to pay to have the pin-flags removed from your locality ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I thought it would take at least until the third or fourth comment before a sad little Daily Fail reader managed to get through the net, bleating about house prices!

The giveaway? You used the term "property prices", not house prices!

1. g e

Yeah, ok, except

Those housing price websites will intergrate it and it'll be one click for the Fail Massive to see

2. Is it me?

Why do we need this.

Do we really need to know the crime hot spots and detection rates on line, what benefit do we, the public get from it, does it make us any happier or safer?

Only asking.

Couldn't the money be better spent detecting crime and prosecuting the criminals.

I often wonder if we spend more money on reporting and proving value for money than we actually save.

3. Blofeld's Cat
    Holmes

I notice...

There seems to be a cluster of anti-social behaviour and other theft around SW1A 0AA.

4. Wize

Would be nice to have the crime map on the whole of the UK...

...unless you happen to be selling your house and get marked in a crime hotspot.

5. g e
    Joke

So, can you search for 'Catholic Churches' ?

</nuff_said>

6. The BigYin

Am I the only one...

...who is a bit concerned about the fact that this is dependent on Google?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Graham Marsden
      Devil

@The BigYin

But think of the opportunities for targetted ads for burglar alarms, security lights, private guards...!

7. s. pam Silver badge
    Mushroom

The website is crap

Try searching for High Wycombe, HP11 2PZ

That's close to where I work, and the website says "No Police or Constabulary cover this area".

That's probably a right surprise to the TVA police station located at HP11 1BE which mysteriously also doesn't exist in the gubmnt clusterfeck site.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Police stations and Westminster?

Should be hotbeds for corruption, perverting justice and general perverting.

1. Anonymous C0ward
      Thumb Up

You get a click for

"and general perverting".

9. John A Blackley

I missed something

"communities safe through good local policing alone" quoth Ms. May.

When did we get that?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like