back to article Bloke finds missus working in brothel

A Polish bloke got a bit of a shock when he decided to nip out to a brothel - his missus was among the establishment's employees. According to tabloid Super Express, the woman had been earning extra cash on the side while hubby thought she was working in a store in a nearby town. He told the paper: "I was dumbfounded. I …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I have to ask...

...did she give him a freebie?

Pot, meet kettle. Sounds like they are made for each other.

2. Guy
    Happy

I knew it!

I read this story elsewhere yesterday, but I just knew it'd get picked up by El Reg! It's one of those stories that's too good to pass up.

The question I want to know the answer to is, Did the woman decide she needed to earn extra money working at the Brothel, because the husband was spending to much money at the Brothel, or Did the Husband decide to visit the Brothel because his wife was away too much, and as they had extra money coming in, he could now afford it?

It's a catch 22, chicken and egg question.

3. Phantom Wibbler
    Thumb Up

discount?

Did she offer him a discount?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hypocrisy

They're both hypocrites, whatever their filed cause, if this is the root of their irreconcilable differences.

5. Dave

Why divorce?

They're made for each other.

6. kaymc

Don't believe it for a second

This one just screams urban myth. Next thing you'll be telling us about the cat in the microwave and the dead scuba diver in the burnt out tree.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Could be worse

It could have been his sister.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Go

No IT Angle...

...but I don't really care. Great fun.

9. david gomm

chicken and egg

they both count as extras

10. Paul
    Boffin

@ Could be worse

...it could have been his mother.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Could be worse

Or his mum.

12. Dennis
    Coat

Re: Could be worse

Even worse - his mother.

I guess that would make him a real MF.

13. Sam
    Coat

@ paul, dennis and ac

"Oedipus? Call your Mother...."

14. JimC

> Made for each other...

Reminds me of the couple I knew who were about to get married. A week before he wedding husband to be was away on a course to do with work. When he came back he had a little confession to make: while he was away, well, err, he'd been a naughty boy... And, it transpired, whe had a confession to make: she's been a naughty girl...

So they called the wedding off, three days before the day, on the grounds that they weren't good enough for each other... All their friends of course came up with the above response. As can be imagined the bride's father was less than impressed with picking up the bill for the whole non-event, and was virtually unprintable when two weeks later they it was all on again...

15. Adam Reiniger

Re: could have been worse

Could have been him working in the brothel...

16. Peter Norris
    Thumb Up

Do tell...

"the dead scuba diver in the burnt out tree"

I haven't heard that one. Do tell...

17. James O'Brien
    Paris Hilton

@Urban Myth

Eh it was bound to happen some where some day, to many people in the world for it to have not ever happened. I for one think this is true but that little hussy, makes you wonder if she met Mr. Right there :-D

(Ms Hilton is for horizontal for the win angle)

18. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Prawn crackers with that ?

Suppose he could of asked for take away rather than seated :)

19. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

So You Like Pina Coladas?

Ah, shades of Rupert Holmes...

20. Steven Davison
    Alert

SOCO

"dead scuba diver in the burnt out tree"

Did you just watch a CSI: Las Vegas Episode or something?

21. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@kaymc

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iPwXmC_VMKzKMQlLVLv1fVri2Zsw

Nuff said

The Paris icon? Pussy of course

22. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Papa?

-- Nicole!?

23. lglethal Silver badge
    Joke

real reason for the divorce

Maybe after realising hubby would pay for sex, she started charging him for it at home too!

24. Mark Jan
    Paris Hilton

Come on, you've all missed the obvious...

Did the husband catch her Pole dancing I wonder?

Paris Hilton as the obvious "dance round my pole" type of girl.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Sounds like he is well up creek sans paddle

no wife and local brothel staff know all about him so no going there

26. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

scuba diver

see darwin awards (google'em) - I think - guy diving in lake gets scooped (scuba'd?) up by one of those forest fire-fighting planes/helicopters collecting water and dumped into the forest fire hence found smouldering in a tree.

As for the Polish couple, who cares?

27. J
    Black Helicopters

Dead scuba diver

Yeah, I've heard that one: people find a scuba diver, in full gear, dead in a burnt forest. What the hell happened? Well, you know those helicopters with the big buckets full of water, to throw on the flames? So, according to this legend the bucket gets filled at the sea, and... you get the picture.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

going hungry

Sorry love, i thought you said you worked in a soup kitchen.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@kaymc

You know, don't open your mouth if you don't know what you are talking about. Here in Alberta, Canada, there is this little town called Camrose, where four sick ******* actually cooked some family's cat in a microwave. The level to which this is appaling can't be stated.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=9188c1c2-112f-4075-8181-551297e80e3c

The people responsible for this have encited an entire Nation against them. Gods know I'd lynch the ******* given a half a chance. "Urban Legends" have a disturbing tendancy to become reality, given enough time.

30. Andus McCoatover

CSI and dead divers?

See

http://www.tv.com/csi/scuba-doobie-doo/episode/84713/summary.html

Or, alternatively....

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/scuba.asp

-Cheers

-Seymour Bybus

31. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

The oldies are the best

But i earned $ 5 and 20 cents

The cheapskates! Who gave you the 20 cents?

They all did.

32. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

It could have been worse.

Has a man ever run into his daughter or mother in such a situation. I have to think so because, well, because.

33. Kaal Alexander Rosser
    Coat

@Guy

Do you mean which came first?

34. Parker Coates
    Flame

Scuba Diver Forest Fire

Wow! I didn't think there was an English speaking person left on the planet who hadn't been exposed to the "dead scuba diver in a burnt tree" story.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/scuba.asp

35. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mother?

Oh, it get's much worse than that. A gay friend was in a sauna once and ran into a friends dad...

36. Tim Blair

could be.....

could be.....

he got a bit hard up?

and she just needed to put her feet up?,,, behind her ears

37. Walter McCann

Urban legends

1) Cat in microwave - true - US idiot in the 1980's thought it was a good way to dry cat after it got wet - cat cooked, he sued the microwave manufacturer (think it was DAEWOO but not sure) and won. hence warning not to dry pets in microwave

2) Diver in tree - almost 100% false since they do not use salted water for putting out fires - kills the soil - only fresh water.

3) guy who worked out he could take the door off his micrwave and it would still work (stuffed paper into the catch to engage the switch). Cooked his liver.... now what would Antony Hopkins say to that.......

W.

38. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    Boffin

Urban Legends

Sorry Walter but they do use salt water. I spent some of my summer vacation watching Canadairs doing trial runs in a bay in the south of France. Have also seen them bombing the fires in the area before.

The main reason why they tend not to use salt water is that the sea is normally too rough for the pickup of the water. Sheltered bays get used all the time.

Trust me, the fire does way more damage than the piddly amount of salt in the water. It is pretty awesome watching 8 of them come in one after the other and have them take off again right over your head fully laden. The 30 mins later they are back.

39. Jared Earle

What, no reiterating of the father/daughter tale?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2319863.stm

"An Israeli couple are preparing to divorce after the man summoned a prostitute to his hotel room only to discover she was his daughter."

40. Jared Earle
    Coat

@walter

Cat in microwave - no, still not true.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/microwavedpet.asp

Microwave, jammed door?

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/microwave.asp

If you're going to claim myths as truth, you really, really need to cite sources. This is the internet, people here have a lot of spare time. Oh, and they have access to Snopes.

41. Sam
    Joke

Wife in the Brothel?

Presumably he could ask for a distaff discount.

42. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

They were married...

...ergo, he went out for it 'cause he wasn't getting it at home !

43. call me scruffy
    Flame

Re:@kaymc

Years ago I had a mate who was a Community Support Officer (Or "Plastic Plod" as they're more commonly known.) And he passed on the following nightmare.

A gang of kids broke into an old woman's house when she was out, the 82 year old came back to find the place ransacked, valuables missing, and her pet dog charred beyond recognition in the oven.

Statistically the elderly are more likely to die in the six months after a burglery than they are normally, can't imagine that she lived long after that.

Of course here in the United Kingdom of Asbo's nobody batted an eyelid.

44. Mark Eccleston
    Unhappy

and the cat.

This week in Canada

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2008/01/06/4755767-cp.html

45. Misha Gale

@coward

> The people responsible for this have encited an entire Nation against them

Seriously? For one cat? You Canadians really need to get a sense of humour... I mean, kids microwave hamsters and guinea pigs every day of the week, don't they? If we leave out cats, surely that's just picking on the rodents.

Incidentally, was it just me who pissed themselves laughing about Bonsai Kittens *before* they worked out it was a hoax?

46. Jeff Dickey
    Flame

@Misha

Yes, I'd believe AC over one cat. Some things just demand absolute zero tolerance.

Otherwise, where do you draw the line? A cat? A baby? A woman? Ten people? Six million?

We've (as a species) been on this roller-coaster before, and it wasn't much fun the first time. We'd be absolutely stupid beyond belief to get on it again.

Of course, there's "reality TV"...

47. Alan Gregson

Title

Could have been worse, this could have happened...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7182817.stm

48. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Canadian Pastime

I was given to understand, while working in Canada, that a more traditional pastime for the underemployed youth of the country was to tie two cats together by the tails and sling them over a washing line.

49. jason ellis
    Paris Hilton

If only he'd known she worked there before they got married....

....he could have saved all that money by only paying on the nights he had sex, might have cost him a bit when they first met, but every year they were married he'd have saved a mint!

50. pctechxp
    IT Angle

IT Angle?

Did he pay by credit card?

51. Ryan
    Alert

@Misha

> Seriously? For one cat? You Canadians really need to get a sense of humour... I mean, kids microwave hamsters and guinea pigs every day of the week, don't they? If we leave out cats, surely that's just picking on the rodents.

1. We have a sense of humour. In fact, we regularly laugh at our neighbors who know (on average) very little to nothing about us, and try to poke fun. The sheer irony of hearing how we all live in igloos and how small our country is is actually quite great for developing a sense of humour.

2. Where do you live that you claim kids microwave small animals every day of the week? The inner circles of Hell?

3. Jeff Dickey has a point. As if putting another living thing through such an incredible amount of prolonged torture and pain isn't bad enough on its own, after that, where would you draw the line? And how could you justify that line if everything before it is "just a joke"?

52. Jason
    Boffin

Okay, time for some facts...

A simple search brings up a few real cases:

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?scope=newsukfs&tab=news&q=cat+microwave

And there was also the famous case of an army man ironing a hamster, then microwaving it afterwards...

---

Water scooping planes (known as airtankers) can take in sea water, as I saw a group of three Bombardier 415s do so during the Greek fires last summer. Regarding that urban legend, as you read in the above snopes link, the hole through which it gets the water is only 4x6 inches big.

---

Regarding the story, maybe they divorced because the husband requested another prostitute instead, and the wife didn't take too kindly to being cast aside for a better, newer model? (tenuous IT related pun intended)

This topic is closed for new posts.