back to article Amazon sold 6m Kindle Fire tablets, says analyst

How many Kindle Fires did Amazon ship during the last few months of 2011? The online retailer isn't saying, but ask Jordan Rohan, analyst at Stifel Nicolaus, a broker, and he'll put the figure at 6m units. No wonder Google is said to be worried about it. Amazon is expected to reveal the actual number of Kindle Fires it sold …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gil Grissum
    Thumb Down

BOLDER DASH...

This Kindle Fire nonsense is utter poppy cock. The yanks low end yanks may want a cheap color book reader, but the rest of us will buy a proper Tablet in a month or so when the QUAD CORE iPAD 3 Ships.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

does St Steve talk to you in your dreams, Gil?

Do you touch yourself when he does?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I assume your comment means that you do not consider iPad or iPad 2 to be a "proper tablet"

3. Craigness
      WTF?

Quad core old news

If you want a QUAD CORE tablet then just get one. You don't need to wait for apple to get up to speed on the latest tech again before you can move on yourself.

1. Peter 48

not quite true

The Tegra 3 isn't actually a quad core as it also has a fifth core that takes over the day-to-day tasks when idle.

4. quarky
      Gimp

Features

For a lot of people, it is features not spec's that they want. Hence, the ability to be entertained by their tablet, not wank over the number of cores.

That is why the Fire is such a success, it is providing what people want. Their media, is a convenient form factor.

Fanboi because Gil, you obviously are..

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

which second?

I'm sorry but being connected to the real world, I never got the feeling there *was* an Android ecosystem. Amazon though *was originally already* before it transplanted its Android fork onto its ecosystem.

So get this analysts(shocker): there are only two ecosystems!

1. Craigness

There are 3

The fact that nobody knows you can get so much content on an Android tablets is down to poor marketing (and perhaps too much choice, leading to confusion), not the lack of an ecosystem.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

yay

Another expert that nobody has ever heard of, who we don't know who pays his salary....

1. Gordon 10

Unless of course you actually read the article. But hey never let facts get in the way of a blinkered comment.

4. lurker

Yes, very nice

Now, any chance of us actually being able to get them in the UK?

5. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    Trollface

This article is useless,...

until Amazon release the KinFart to the world market.

I'm no Fanboi but there is no point comparing market for the iPap to the KinFart when nobody outside the USA can get one.

I'd love an iPap but they are over priced.

The KinFart is the right price (although here it probably won't be) but is not here.

The Andrug devices are so varied that it's difficult to decide which one to buy and which is decent value. So far I am leaning towards the Asus but if the KinFart had been released here they would probably already have won.

6. Kirbini
    Devil

But how many have been returned?

I know 5 people who bought Kindles for Jebus Day and to a person they've all been returned. Too small, too slow, not enough features, not an iPad, etc. But mostly it was down to dashed expectations.

So in my (admittedly small) experience, that's 100% return rate. I'm guessing that's not what Amazon were going for.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like