back to article Anonymous explodes MegaUpload clone 'scam'

A supposedly "Anonymous-built" alternative to MegaUpload has been discredited by members of the hacktivist collective. AnonyUpload sprung up days after a takedown operation against MegaUpload website, the arrest in New Zealand of its founders on copyright infringement charges, and a hacktivist backlash against government and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Y-A-W-N

Non-story.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not anonymous

If it's someone who is anonymous, claiming to be doing it on behalf of anonymous, isn't it anonymous doing it? I thought that was the whole point of the organisation - it has no organisation.

- Anonymous Spokesman (?) ;-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ideals only last about 5 minutes.

"And he looked from pig to human and human to pig..."

2. John 62
      Terminator

I AM

LOCUTUS OF THE BORG

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If Anonymous aren't behind it...

and someone is trying to use their "brand" to promote themselves then why are Anonymous doing something about it? Seems the sort of thing they would normally act on hmmm...

Anon because everyone seems to be doing it these days!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Blasphemer!

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain ... especially if He did not provide one!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This was always going to happen. Scam or not, there were always going to be people who leeched the name Anonymous, just because they are anonymous by not using their names. But is being anonymous the same as being Anonymous? By posting anonymously, just that simply make me anonymous, or does that mean I have become Anonymous by default? And what of the people using Twitter accounts on behalf of Anonymous? Are they Anonymous, whilst technically not being anonymous, since they have identifiable names, do you have to be anonymous to be Anonymous? Or indeed do you become Anonymous by being anonymous?

I think I confused myself.

Since I am anonymous, does this mean Anonymous is confused???

5. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    FAIL

The non-leaders of Anonymous - which doesn't have any "leaders" - said so!

Nope, they don't have any leaders, just some people that tell the rest what to do (and what to believe, and what to think, etc.....).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Thou art not of the body,

and therefore I had to downvote you, even though I would have agreed with you if you had only been of the body.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Aww...

You broke it :-(

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A pattern...

Every time Anonymous do something that turns out to be unpopular, Anonymous deny that it was anything to do with Anonymous. Basically this allows Anonymous to do anything that they want to, because they can just say "wasn't me guv", should they turn out to have misjudged the general sentiments of others who are loosely affiliated with their ideals.

7. Whoisbid
    Alien

How to make money

How can they make money? You need a couple of ways e.g http://whoisbid.hubpages.com/hub/How-do-popular-file-sharing-sites-earn-money

I think this site will be forgotten in a few days unless people like the Register increase their popularity

8. Allison Park
    Go

i just bought my "v for vindetta" mask from amazon

I am going as anonymous next year for halloween not just have to figure out the dress :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.