back to article CW lets slip Nokia Lumia 900 UK launch date

Nokia's Lumia 900, the Windows Phone 7.5 handset that's literally the bigger sibling of the Lumia 800, will be out here in June, Carphone Warehouse has seemingly let slip. CW just posted a page on its website for the upcoming 4.3in OLED screen smartphone, launched earlier this month at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JDX Gold badge

All other things about Nokia and MS and Windows Phone aside....

... what do people think about the rather bold colour-scheme? Cool or far too much? Should they have used "facebook blue" instead? ;)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

The colour scheme makes me want to vomit. Suitable for young girks and trendy nerds only.

2. JC_
      Thumb Up

Nice There's a Choice

Business black, cyan or orange. There must be a bit of demand for it - most protective cases aren't black, after all - and it's a cheap & easy way to differentiate from the competition.

3. Charles Calthrop
      Thumb Up

I love it

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

I think the colours are a bad idea.

I think people mostly want their phones to be boring. Hence the market settling on black and silver, with the odd pink and purple sparkly ones - for the 'individuals' amongst us. Although I read somewhere that the white iPhone outsold the black, but can't remember if that was for the 4S, or just for the iPhone 4, after it was introduced 9 months late.

Home electronics (hi-fi/video) settled firmly on black/grey, and has never moved on. Sony had a wacky range of bright primary coloured ones that bombed in the 80s.

My HTC Wildfire is a 'fetching' mix of browns and greys, which I actually don't mind.

Maybe Nokia are mostly expecting to sell Lumia phones in black, and the blue is there to make the marketing stand out. Myself, I think it's a horrible shade, and they should have picked black anyway, to make it look more 'serious'. But I make no claims of design talent (I have all the artistic talent of a cluster of blind hedgehogs, in a bag).

3. Wang N Staines

Bright colours

That's the only way to outshine the iOS/Android crowd.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

WP7

Is that still around? I thought crap was supposed to sink to the bottom...

1. dogged

Let us know when it reaches your level, Barry.

1. dogged

2+ for Barry, 2- for me... Barry, have you met someone? Do you share cosy evenings together throwing darts at a picture of Steve Ballmer?

How sweet. You can raise lots of little fandroids together.

5. Shaun 1

I was hoping it would be sooner

My upgrade is due in May, and was planning on getting this. I suppose I can wait.

6. Paradroid

I think the phone looks great even though I've tried WP7 once and bailed out due to lots of usability issues.

But June is too late. We're supposed to get mobile stuff first here in Europe.

Launch it now and they might get some interested folk.

1. StrictlySocial
      Stop

usability?

WP7 is about the most idiot proof phone out there.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like