back to article WowWee demos FemiSapien robotrix

RoboSapien gets a mate... Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com CES on Video WowWee wheels in Tribot DisplayLink demos multi-monitor USB dongle Guitar Hero gets true air axe WowWee demos FemiSapien robotrix Eye-Fi pitches camera-friendly memory card with... Wi-Fi Amiga explains AmigaOS 5 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cameron Colley
    Happy

At last!

One step closer to the Lucy Liu bot I've always dreamed of.

2. Neural9
    Thumb Down

Anyone else think ...

... what's the point? They aren't graceful, they aren't particularly programmable, they look cheap. I really dont' get the whole plasticosapien thing. Bring back Aibo.

3. Hedley Phillips

Robot prostitutes

I am sure that there will be a HUGE market for robot prostitutes when they get to the stage of almost being life like.

4. Pete James
    Paris Hilton

Max Torque: 380lb ft @ 3,200rpm

Now call me picky but that's an 8-pinter if ever I saw one. Blimey. In fact I'd struggle to keep my kebab down.

Of course, the Femisapian will only be truly authentic when it starts nagging you to cut the back lawn and take it shopping. And occasionally saying "Does my bum look big in this?"

I've longed believed that in the same way God made Adam before Eve so the same will be true in the artificial world; let's face it, the Homosapian version will only need a beergut and limited vocabulary. Walk in the park if you ask me.

Paris because a plastic version of her would, sadly, be a best seller.

5. Stuart Morrison
    Thumb Down

Yeah..

I got one for Xmas - fun for a while but basically they are just a remote-control toy; programability is very limited.

Then again if robot programming is your thing Lego Mindstorm is the way to go I guess.

6. Kevin Hobbs

Do she run on spinach?

They're missing a trick here: add a sailor's hat and corncob pipe: with those forearms and legs, she's... Robo-Popeye! Even her walk is a rolling sailors gait. Someone call King Features and arrange a licensing deal!

7. Haku
    Thumb Down

Re: Anyone else think ...

I totally agree, nothing I've seen from WowWee has ever made me think "cool toy, gotta get me one of those". I once had a play with the original Robosapien and it was just as I had thought, a complete waste of plastic & electronics.

Sony really should bring back the Aibo, create a new generation one and show the rest of the robot toy world how it should still be done.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like