back to article It's official: Google is the happiest place in the USA

Google has been named by Fortune as the best place to work in the US, moving up from number four in 2011, and regaining the top spot it held in 2008 and 2007. "It's important that the company be a family, that people feel that they're part of the company," Google CEO and cofounder Larry Page told Fortune, "and that the company …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IT....

Doesn't take much to make some people happy, me I'm more complicated!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Im perfectly happy with my daily N****ern commute..

oh wait.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DCMA Takedown Notice

You are directed to takedown this post immediately.

'Family Values' are the exclusive copyright of the Republican party and Fox network.

Failure to respond will result in criminal sanctions, removal of your DNS entry, loss of all revenue from your website and, at our complete discretion, the waterboarding of your children.

1. Jeebus
      Mushroom

Surely you know the US Republican party, and Fox wouldn't support the waterboarding of children on US soil, it'll be done in Cuba, where that place they teased shutting down once is.

Mines the one with the extraordinary rendition.

1. Andrew Moore

Nah, they'd get Mossad to do it in Israel

4. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Well, Google has a built-in advantage.....

Those oompa-loompas make for a very cheerful workplace! Always singing and dancing.....

However, humans have a bit more of an attitude.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Out of the couple dozen of my non-oompa-loompa friends that went to Google over the last few years more than half have since left. So I think either the survey's criteria are wrong or they need to survey some actual humans.

5. meteort
    Devil

Goldie

Which is more funny?:

Goldman Sachs(#33 on the list) shows "N.A." for job growth and number of US employees.

Or

Goldman Sachs is ranked just ahead of The Nugget Market.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not just California

... Google is in the "Bay Area" which, as the local news program informed me incessantly when I was there for a few years 15 years ago, is "the best place in the world" ... and locals got a bit upset if you showed any sign of disagreeing with this self evidently correct statement

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well done Google

You just won the award for how good a company is at making its employees fill in those little forms saying how wonderful the company is.

8. Armando 123

Wait a second

Which family's values are we talking here? The Madoffs? The Kardashians? The Clintons?

9. Toastan Buttar
    Thumb Down

Out At 5

Scott Adams got it spot-on in The Dilbert Principle nearly 20 years ago. People do a job so that they can support the stuff they like to do outside of work. My Cow Orkers, decent people as they are, are not and never will be my family.

<shudder>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like