back to article Groupon: IPO rumble mutated us into Wolverine

Groupon's 31-year-old CEO and founder Andrew Mason went on CBS chat show 60 Minutes to explain why Groupon misreported its profits in the months before its flotation on the stock exchange. Groupon was rapped by regulators after it was found that the company had used a controversial accounting metric, which meant it subtracted …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 18
    Joke

Cocaine is bad for you

that is all.

1. Anonymous Coward 101

I think you have alluded to the primary problem here...

2. Tim Worstal

Not quite....

Just a slight correction. The accounting stuff was fine for the IPO. Yopu can use any combination of numbers you like as long as you also use the stadnard ones.

It was the email that delayed the IPO. Not allowed to say anything about numbers in the quiet period just before launch. He said something, launch delayed.

3. Tom 38

How the fuck do they have 10k employees?

They really haven't got this web 2.0 thing yet.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Turning up for a TV interview without wearing a tie? That is some far-out wacky shit there. Someone lock this guy up, he's clearly an escaped mental patient. Next thing you know, he might stop wearing one to work...

5. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Does he have a bit too much specific knowledge about Wolverine?

I mean, I possibly know more than he does, but I'm not asking for money or trust.

6. Ralph B
    Mushroom

Pants

> our skin has been melted off.

But thankfully it looks like he had asbestos underpants.

7. zen1

I don't know about the rest of you

but I will be much happier when they file for bankruptcy and this moron is out of the news. I'm tired of hearing about him, is PoS company and the fact that he's just a hair's width away from behing the next Enron. It's shitheads like him that make me embarassed to admit I'm in IT.

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

The guy's the new Malmsten.

Ernst, not Yngwie.

This topic is closed for new posts.