back to article Gridstore shafts rival Overland over a Barrall

Overland Storage has lost its guiding technology visionary, Geoff Barrall, to a stealthy startup and an exec chairman role at rival Gridstore. Gridstore produces grid-based scale-out filer storage for small and medium business (SMB). At Gridstore Barrall replaces now ex-chairman Dr Chris Horn, the co-founder of Iona …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Graham Bartlett

Oh the missed opportunity!

How often do you get the chance to use a headline like "Overland shafted over Barrall"?

2. Chris Mellor 1

Geoff Barrall says ....

An extract of a mail sent to me by Geoff Barrall:-

"I wanted to make sure that you heard from me that I enjoyed working for Eric at Overland and learned a lot during my time there. However both Eric and I had discussed on the way in and out that a turnaround was not necessarily a long term home for me. My first stock grant at the company was structured (unusually) as a one year vest based on those discussions. Eric and I discussed every aspect of my departure and the folks who would be coming to Connected Data and everything around the exit was handled professionally. I hope we part as friends.

The article makes it seem like I'm constantly on the move. This seems a little unfair. Other than Overland I've only had two full time jobs in the last 13 years. I was at BlueArc for six years between 2008 and 2004 (the article lists 2001 as my exit) and the Data Robotics (now Drobo) for five years between that start of 2005 and the end of 2009. I've remained connected to BlueArc for the whole 14 years and still proudly serve on their advisory board. "

------------------------------

Chris,

This topic is closed for new posts.