back to article X-Dream Rocker wireless gaming chair

CES 2012 Week With a design lifted straight from Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds school of home furnishings, the X-Dream rocker is not your average game-playing bench. It’s a lads-mag throne with integrated stereo sound system, subwoofer, pseudo-Shiatsu vibrator and wireless audio system. X-Dream Rocker gaming chair While …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 7

That looks really bad for your back

and not absorbent enough for your average teenager.

1. bashful
      Got an X-Dream Rocker - great alround chair - I must have drain pipes as I find it very comfortable! I paid £250 - currently in www.boysstuff.co.uk sale at £200!
  2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But can it play

Leather Goddesses of Phobos?

3. ridley
    Stop

I can assure you that knowing the average teenager I do not want the chair to be absorbant, wipe clean maybe.

4. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

How much?! 8-O

It looks just like the x-rocker pro on a pedestal - which is the only thing about it that makes it better than my pro. At least in my Pro I can rock back to an insane degree.

5. 0laf
    Paris Hilton

What?!?

A chair for teenage geeky gamer types and there is no integrated toilet roll holder! Definite fail.

Is there a WoW version with a built in commode?

Paris, coz that what they'll be watching.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Powercable going to the chair?

Am I the only one who gets slightly worried about that remark? Unless we're talking low voltage instead of high voltage, but something tells me we are..

1. Annihilator
      Boffin

How else would it be powered?

Methane power plant in the seat to trump your way to power? Regardless, it's 12V, says right there in the review. It also mentions a "power adapter" which would be an awfully fancy way of saying "plug" - it's a mains transformer plugged into the wall, 12V trailing across the floor. Even if it were 240V running across the floor, it would still be plugging into a double insulated transformer and I'd be more than happy to sit on one of those.
  7. Jonathon Green
    Trollface

"...an oddly centralized knee cushion..."

A way to deliver low frequency output to the parts other subwoofers can't reach perhaps?

8. Juillen 1

I'm more worried

By the built in vibrator (that sends shudders down your lower back).

9. Graham Bartlett

What a load of tat

Bah! Give me a 1985 Space Harrier rig, and then I'll be interested. This piece of crap is is just an office chair with cheap-ass multimedia speakers stapled to it.
  10. TheRealRoland
    Childcatcher

Standard drop?

For Europe, maybe?

After living in the New World for a number of years now, i'm still annoyed about how furniture over here is consistently lower than in Europe. Same with tabletops, light switches and doorhandles.

Funny, being only 2 meters tall was never a big problem in Europe :-(

This topic is closed for new posts.