back to article Digital cert glitch trips up UK passport site

Digital certificate glitches have affected the operation of a secondary website used for UK passport applications. Reg reader Marc discovered the anomaly when he needed to renew his passport and did a quick Google search. The search turned up a link at Direct.gov.uk. Clicking on this link to begin the application process opens …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Forget It
    Gates Horns

obvious but out of date pun

That would be Microsoft's Passport then?

2. Andrew Meredith
    Stop

.. but it's worth repeating

I know the author already made this point, but it is worth bringing to the front. This is the same organisation that claims to be able to 100.000% secure our identity data from identity thieves hell bent on reusing it. The thieves will be after this data with a will as yet unseen, because this will enable them to claim to be us without fear of refutation. Immensely valuable. They will be using tools and techniques that would completely uneconomic to use against todays targets. They guarantee they will be up to the task and yet can't even put the right .crt file in their web server. Makes me feel really safe. I have already signed the no2id pledge to have nothing to do with this scheme, I suggest you think carefully about doing the same for your own safety.

This topic is closed for new posts.