back to article Orange touts tropical tablet

CES 2012 Week Orange has entered the 7in tablet market with its own, Honeycomb Android-based Tahiti. Priced at £70 - although you'll also need to take out a £25-a-month, two-year data contract - Tahiti has a dual-core Qualcomm 8260 CPU running at 1.2GHz. There's 512MB of Ram, 8GB of Flash storage and a Micro SD slot in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark #255
    Meh

resolution? battery life?

For £670 over the contract life, I'm not filled with "ooh I must have this". In other news, my (Orange) San Francisco continues to be amazing for the price.

1. ElNumbre

Bobbing Rastards

A 7" tablet for (minimum) £670 - who are they kidding?

Maybe if the data bundle was about £15pm, it would have value. I wonder what the PAYG cost is?

2. Inventor of the Marmite Laser Silver badge

Will Orange still fill it with crudware

Useless apps you can't remove, games and apps trials you can't remove, Orange stickers.

+1 on the SanFrancisco, by the way, but only once rooted and re-ROM'med

3. Steve Todd
    FAIL

So Orange want you to spend £550 on an 8GB 7 inch tab?

You can pick up a rolling 1 month 3G data contract for about £5, so the rest of that £25 is paying for your subsidy. An unlocked 16GB 3G iPad is £499, why would you want to pay extra?

4. Timmay
    FAIL

From Orange's description...

..."Android Honeycomb 2.3 operating system"

Which is it, Gingerbread 2.3, or Honeycomb 3.x?

5. Only me!
    FAIL

WiFi

And no WiFi.....so if you live in a place like me with a very poor phone signal, you cannot use you home WiFi to get a connection......

Orange have gone down hill fast in the last few years on many fronts.

6. Only me!

Wifi

Ok I take it back it does have WiFi......

7. Anonymous Cowbard
    FAIL

These will sell like hot cakes

Full of piping hot poo

8. Graham Lockley

It's Orange so it will be stuffed full of crap and worth about a quarter of what you actually end up paying for it. Oh and you better hope it doesn't pack up after 6 months coz you will end up paying to get it fixed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like