back to article Acer unveils 'world's thinnest' Ultrabook

CES 2012 Week Acer has become the most recent company to stamp the 'world's thinnest' moniker upon an Ultrabook release - Toshiba has already made that claim - launching the Aspire S5, which it reckons will also be the first Windows-based PC to feature a Thunderbolt port. The Aspire S5 measures just 15mm at its thickest …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. deains
    Paris Hilton

I wonder how long it'll take for Apple's legal team to get their smelly claws on this. It looks practically identical to a MacBook Air (albeit with a can of black spray paint applied), even down to small details like the webcam/screen bezel and the dimple at the front of the case.

If Apple can successfully sue the crap out of Samsung for the Galaxy, they should be able to take Acer to the cleaners for this. That's assuming the legal system is 100% balanced and fair, of course. Paris knows it's true.

1. Peter 48
      Happy

except they were not successful

Apple has tried to sue Samsung, but so far no court case has been ruled in their favour in this where design copying was an issue. And from the few photos I have seen the S5 is suitably different from the MB Air that Apple would have even less of a leg to stand on if they tried to sue.

2. Tom 7

Thin is good because...

it can slip between your floorboards? Get through doors you cant? Hide under paper on your desk?

If I could fit it in my pocket thin might be a selling point but as I've yet to find a net/ultra/...book that was so thick I couldn't type with it on my knees/desk and they still need a large padded carry bag thin is about as useful as Percy's Purest Green.

3. John Hughes
    FAIL

So, what's that thing on a Vaio Z?

Huh?

1. Caleb Cox (Written by Reg staff)

Re: So, what's that thing on a Vaio Z?

Good point, but I'm pretty sure the Vaio Z's thunderbolt connectivity comes through a separate accessory and isn't built into the machine itself.

4. Volker Hett

Probably with a 768 pixel high display :(

Hard to install Gnome and Evolution with displays lower than 800 pixels.

5. Pantelis
    FAIL

Taking the piss or what????

"MagicFlip I/O"?

1. Darryl

Maybe because "MagicalandRevolutionaryFlip I/O" was being used?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like