back to article London 2012 team pulls swamped ticket resale site

London 2012 punters hoping to offload tickets they no longer want faced frustrating problems with a resale website, which was launched by the event's organisers today. Locog, the government-owned company running the Olympic Games, admitted - via its Twitter feed, if not in an official statement on its website - that there were …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They still don't let you sell on for a profit even if it was working, so what's the point?

1. MJG
      Thumb Down

Why you people feel the need to make a quick buck by buying up and reselling for doing sweet F.A.?! Annoys me with tickets for big gigs, etc going for loads more than face value, and only the lucky quick ones (or dodgy retailers), get to make any money (i.e. I've heard some ticket sellers selling to staff prior to public, so they can make a quick buck!)

I think if they can stop touts, etc for the Olympics then great, and try and find a way to stop it in music, entertainment world, so that fans can see their fave. artists for a more reasonable price!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Most are probably peeved they ended with events like Quoits or Cribbage over the more interesting stuff like Volleyball or Atheletics and want something back?!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

If they didn't want to see the bloody sport they applied for then it is their fucking fault. Same with if they bid too much money. Retards.

2. Tim Almond
        FAIL

Which just shows how stupid this is

If you've got £220 + travel + official food and drink money, spend a day of your time and are prepared to take them on tubes that will be rammed and through airport-style security to see something you don't care about then you're a fool who deserves to be parted from his money.

I bid for one event that we wanted to see. Didn't get tickets, so we're going to spend the same money on something else for the family.

I suspect what's driving a lot of sales is that people just want to tell their non-friends that they went.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

London 2012

is Cameron's Britain in minature.

3. Natalie Gritpants

Could we lose the Guy Fawkes icon?

The man was trying to restore a catholic monarch FFS.

1. Richard Taylor 2
      Trollface

But

to be fair, the side effects would have been very satisfying and a Catholic monarch would still not have been restored.....

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not only was it not needed to bring politics into this, the Labour govt. were in the chair for any govt. commitments to the olympics. Not sure where Cameron comes into it.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC

The whole thing is just driven by ravenous greed.

6. Timmay
    Holmes

"Lots of tkts sold already today, the system is working. But, there’s been feedback of issues with selling tkts," it said.

I think the gremlins in question are stealing the letters i, c, and e.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Remind me who the official IT suppliers to the Olympics are?

I wonder if they think they are getting value for money

1. Tim #3

I should think the IT suppliers are very happy indeed, what with any blame going to the former government and most stuff only having to work for a fortnight anyway. And lets not forget the huge cheques they will be receiving.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surprisingly, I actually just managed to get a few tickets from this site, after trying for ages this morning, thought would give it another go just now (14:45), and did it! Yay! 2 tickets for Beach Volleyball of all things (tried every sport pretty much!)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Unfortunately..

It was men's beach volleyball...

9. Martyn 1
    FAIL

bunch of useless b@stards

Have been trying to buy tickets all day, and every time it shows me the tickets that are availble, takes me to the confirmation screen, makes me wait up to 5 minutes before saying the tickets are not available, but they're still showing as available if I go back to the start.

Whoever designed this crap should be used for the targets in the rifle shooting finals.

This topic is closed for new posts.