back to article Weeting cops cuff 17th phone-hacking suspect

A 47-year-old woman was arrested at an address in Essex this morning by cops investigating allegations of phone hacking by people working for the now-defunct Sunday tabloid News of the World. The unnamed woman is the 17th person to be cuffed by Scotland Yard cops working on Operation Weeting. The suspect "was arrested at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. nsld
    Black Helicopters

a distinct lack

of plod being arrested in this investigation.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re : a distinct lack

How many police arrests would make you happy? Try not to say "All of them." That'd be pathetic.

1. nsld

More than 1 would be a start, it does appear to be the investigation into the payment of police officers for information is aimed more at the payer than the recipient.

I would expect some early retirements of senior officers before any real arrests happen

2. Dave 15

Would all be that bad?

Those coppers that aren't 'on the make' are usually to be found in Mercedes based camera vans checking speeds on motorways and dual carriageways.

I'm sorry, but if I am totally honest its donkeys years since the police have done anything useful. They seem to spend their time raising revenue for themselves or the government or beating news paper sales men to death.

If there was EVER a plod in my village stopping the boy racers, mums late on the school run or the angry fathers doing 70+mph past the school gates at 8:30 it would be a start.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Weeting cops"

For a moment there I wonderd if "weeting" was some new euphemism that I hadn't come across before, illicitly indulged in by the boys & girls in blue... Just the way my mind works, I suppose.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

47?

Damnit, too old to be Rebekah Brooks/Wade...

1. Paul Dx
      Thumb Up

BBC reports that it's her PA. Is the noose tightening ?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Red Bren
        Coat

A face that herd?

Are you suggesting there's something bovine about her?

1. Oliver Mayes

Wrong person, the woman with the herd face was from the Moos of the World.

1. Red Bren
            Joke

@Norfolk 'n' Goode

There's nothing* worse than an author pulling a comment after other commentards have posted witty replies! Oliver and I SLAVED over these gems and you've heartlessly orphaned them. Where is your Christmas spirit?

* apart from most bad things!

3. Wyrdness

They arrested her in July, or had you forgotten that?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Yes, I'd forgotten.

But nothing wrong with hoping that this time they'd make it stick.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The only good hacker is dead or in prison

Come on down to the Iron Bar Hotel.

6. chris lively
    FAIL

Why bother

17 arrests but no charges have been filed on any of them?

Yet another complete and total waste of time.

1. Steve Foster
      Holmes

Well, Plod have to make sure there's no chance of any of the "suspects" landing Plod in it, don't they...

Cynical, moi?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

laptop + phone

What I want to know is what happened with the laptop and phone

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like